REVIEW: NCL Sky 10-31-11 and 11-04-11 (LONG)

BeadBabe

We had a great time on board with you!

:D

T&R!!!! I sooooo miss you guys!!! That was so much fun. Thank you for letting me hang out with the both of you!

I'm getting excited for the Epic next month. Wish you two were coming too!:D

T&R!!!! I sooooo miss you guys!!! That was so much fun. Thank you for letting me hang out with the both of you!

I'm getting excited for the Epic next month. Wish you two were coming too!:D

Friends we met on the Epic are planning a big cruise on the Jewel out of Miami for 1/20/13...So far they have almost 50 people going....

We are thinking about it....

Friends we met on the Epic are planning a big cruise on the Jewel out of Miami for 1/20/13...So far they have almost 50 people going....

We are thinking about it....

Ooooo that could be tempting!!! Keep me posted!:D We always take a December cruise for the holidays, so not sure if I can be that much of a cruise sl*t and do another in January or not, but we'll see!

Who am I kidding, of course I WOULD go, just depends if I can afford to go! LOL :D

Hey Mike!

Well that is an interesting question. I did find a "Freestyle Sundeck Area" but it had the words "Quiet Zone" beneath it. (See the pic.)

FreestyleSunDeck.jpg

It was on the open part of deck 12 between the regular sort of balcony overlooking the pool and the front of the ship's sun lounging area. So considering it was in the midst of things, I decided it wasn't the "clothing optional" sort. Nor did I see anyone partaking accordingly.

It wasn't all that quiet either, as the kids heading to the small splash pool in the front had to run right by it.

So my official vote is: No freestyle clothing optional deck on the Sky. :cool:

That's unfortunate.

I'm sailing the Epic in December, so I'm going from small to HUGE!

You're going to LOVE the Epic! If you go by Shaker's Lounge and Armando is there make sure you get a drink from him! Tell him Bobby Parks from the October Western Med cruise sent you! He probably won't remember, but then again he might.

You're going to LOVE the Epic! If you go by Shaker's Lounge and Armando is there make sure you get a drink from him! Tell him Bobby Parks from the October Western Med cruise sent you! He probably won't remember, but then again he might.

Oh I sure will! :D

• 4 months later...

I was so excited to see this review since we are doing this exact same B2B itinerary in Sept of this year.I've been looking through old threads to find info and pics of the Sky,and have been finding wonderful reviews like yours which have much more positive comments than I have been finding in alot of the more recent reviews.I am hopeful that the improvements on GSC will be almost done by the time we get there.I am happy for all the info about restaurants and tips about traveling on a B2B.Thank you so much for all the useful info.

• 1 month later...

Your interesting and detailed review brought a huge grin to my face and such great memories. At first I wasn't sure if the Sky could match the Spirit...it couldn't in terms of the itinerary but the staff were really very special for the most part.

And you named one of my very favorites, Omar O'Besso. BTW: He was only 10 days into his training when we met back in early October, but really soaked up everything put out for him to learn...very much a people person.j

Our only dinner in MDR, Crossings, we were blessed to have the wonderful services of Christian, could see her easily moving up soon.

Steve was wonderful, almost as hilarious as Richard...we had the best M&G, of course the 5 p.m. timing of it lent itself more easily to gratis rum punches that the orange juice 'blend' typically served at these things.

Thanks for taking the time to post...now I'm wondering if I was remiss in not posting mine...will have to go back and check now. :cool:

BahamasNCLSkyconciergeOmarandCasey.jpg.b8c6e9f232651f8716f55106d4a4175b.jpg

BahamasNCLSkyCCMeetnGrreetHotelDirectorSteveFnBManagerMikeJackiechessiebear.jpg.ab1c7f3dfdb507989af0d24567a3b5ca.jpg

BahamasOutriggergatheringwithCDRichardandFandBmanagerMikesharingalaughOct11.jpg.9faa70b639f9a46799764ad210f1c69d.jpg

NCLSkyHydraSuiteaft8077halfofbalconyinNassau.jpg.3bafd7f9548a5613d777d0bbcbaa1353.jpg

BahamasFreeportCloseDophinEncounterAirbornfavoritepicbyRichard.jpg.5015c605599cea428016f6f5718e59ec.jpg

Archived