Celebrity Summit | May 27, 2012 | Pied Piper

Anthony&David

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys just found this thread on the G/L side of Cruise Critic.

Do you have any idea what the #'s are from PP on this cruise? I did the Post ThanksGiving on the Eclipse in November w/ PP and there were about 600 folks (plus Leslie Jordan).

Hi. :) Yeah, we had posted this when we booked, but it has since sat dormant.

We are not sure about the pied piper numbers for this cruise. I assume nothing near the post-thanksgiving cruise. But, with this being our first booking through pied piper, we do not have any experience to set our expectations.

Thanks for the posting on the summit board re: stuff to do in Bermuda.

As much as we have enjoyed our first three cruises, we are looking forward to trying a new line and a new destination, as well as to seeing what it is like being part of the pied piper group. And, sitting here looking out at the snow and knowing it is cold outside, thinking of our cruise to Bermuda is an especially good thought at the moment!

Snow huh? Well in Charlotte its a cloudy 50 degrees today. Our winters are tough here too.. :). Of course .. Summers are a different matter... Many say our August/September is so hot that the only thing separating us from the gates of hell is a screen door! But I digress....

The more I research the island, the more exciting the concept is to have the boat there for days.

One of the things I'm considering is biking on the old path of the Bermuda rail line ( now a trail). As I understand it, it's like 15 miles long and quite scenic. The logistics of renting a bike aren't very straight forward tho. I'll pass whatever info I gather along to y'all and the rest of the board. You guys are more than welcome to join me. My vibe on activities tends to be on the active side ...weather permitting. I'm not a crazy "git er done til the end!" kind of guy. I love taking opportunities to take occasional "left turns" to enjoy the unexpected....

Have a great weekend.. Enjoy the snow. :)

My brother lives in Oxford, NC, and I hear every now and then they do get some snow. It only snowed a couple inches here last night, but enough to break out the shovel.

I saw the bike trail thing and was thinking about that. We are not much into biking (soon after we first met, we bought new bikes, a bike rack, etc., and I think we used them five times at most; ever since, they have been sitting in the garage awaiting the garage sale we keep telling ourselves we will have one year), but being on a scenic trail would be nice. A few years ago when we visited San Francisco, we rented bikes two times, including one day to go over the Golden Gate Bridge and up some of the hillier areas on the other side. It was exhausting, but worth it.

We tend to be walkers when visiting places. So, we are looking forward to exploring by foot too.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your relatively warm weather. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'm booked as well. (Ray, I believe we met briefly on the Post-Thanksgiving.)

I did the PP Bermuda Cruise last year, and it was a lot of fun. a good group of about 80–90. It was nice with the smaller group; you could really meet everyone.

Looking forward to it!

Best,

D.J.

Brooklyn, NYC

Counting the days. Final payment already set aside for the invoice to hit.

Today, our final payment went through! Because of a travel agency giftcard we received as a wedding gift and wanted to use for this cruise, we booked through the travel agency who then booked us through Pied Piper, so I think our final payment date was slightly sooner than others. It feels good to be paid.

And, although we know that a dark suit would suffice for the formal nights, we decided to get tuxedos. So, last night we got that done. Another thing off the list!

Hi D.J. You went on this cruise last year? 80-90 sounds like a good group size. What kind of things were there for the PP group, both on the ship and while docked in Bermuda? Also, I am curious about how dinner seating works. Are we all seated at tables in one section of the dining room? Our previous three cruises were on NCL, and we most often ate in the specialty restaurants, so usually we ate with just the two of us wherever and whenever we wanted - just wondering what to expect on Celebrity and with PP.

I did the 2011 post thanksgiving w pied piper. PP did have isolated off-ship activities that were awesome. Also there was a couple private mixer type parties on ship. My expectation is this trip will be scaled down with pp thing (600 pp guest vs. ~90 ). I know it will be fun non the less.

Ive never been to bermuda and have been doing research on thing to do.

Check out this link. http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00006b.htm

Also if anyone is interested. A three day water taxi pass is around $30 usd.

Also. There is a historic rails to trails .. Trail. That would be a fun day of biking etc. that's out of Hamilton if anyone is interested in exploring that with me.

My direct email is ray.w.cline (at) gmail (dot) com

• 4 weeks later...
Does pied piper do a yahoo group for this cruise? For the November they did one and it was fun to meet others. Assuming we aren't the only one that booked. Lol.

As yet, we have not received anything from Pied Piper. My thinking is that if they were having difficulty selling cabins, they would be pushing this cruise a bit more (in all if the sales e-mails I have received from them, I cannot recall any that included our sailing). So, there must be others out there, somewhere. :)

I got an email from Bruce w pied piper. It appears that he will be the host for our trip.

I went ahead and signed up for the suggested tour on Wednesday. I figure it will be a good way to get an overview of the island and to spend time with other folks w PP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived