Alaska Cruistour and having your own Alcohol

Snowangel3

I am booked on an Alaska Cruisetour for May 2012 with Princess. We do the land portion first (6 days). We would like to bring some of our own alcohol on both the land and cruise portion of the trip to save some money. I've read some other posts on here about getting alcohol onto the ship, but how is this going to work with doing the cruisetour?

1) Can we just have alcohol with us on the land portion and not worry about it?

2) We are flying into and starting the land tour in Anchorage. I hear you can only purchase alcohol in Liquor Stores. I don't even know where we which hotel we are staying at yet, but are there ample amount of liquor stores in Anchorage? If we would have trouble with this then I'd just bring it from home.

3) How do I work this with the alcohol I want to take on the ship? Can I just make sure to have it securely packed in my "Onboard Ship" luggage? Or do they search this?

4) Is there liquor stores in Whittier if needed?

Any info or advice would greatly be appreciated :o!

Thanks!!!

Carol

I am booked on an Alaska Cruisetour for May 2012 with Princess. We do the land portion first (6 days). We would like to bring some of our own alcohol on both the land and cruise portion of the trip to save some money. I've read some other posts on here about getting alcohol onto the ship, but how is this going to work with doing the cruisetour?

1) Can we just have alcohol with us on the land portion and not worry about it?

2) We are flying into and starting the land tour in Anchorage. I hear you can only purchase alcohol in Liquor Stores. I don't even know where we which hotel we are staying at yet, but are there ample amount of liquor stores in Anchorage? If we would have trouble with this then I'd just bring it from home.

3) How do I work this with the alcohol I want to take on the ship? Can I just make sure to have it securely packed in my "Onboard Ship" luggage? Or do they search this?

4) Is there liquor stores in Whittier if needed?

Any info or advice would greatly be appreciated :o!

Thanks!!!

Carol

Princess uses Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage. There is a liquor store out the back door and across the street. Liquor was not that much more expensive. If you are going to McKinley, not liquor store but in Denali, there are 2 across the street from the Denali Princess Lodge. Did not look for one in Whittier so I am not sure about that. Packed in our luggage worked fine for getting on the ship.You can have all the liquor you want on the land portion. Alaska is wonderful!

Archived