Disney for my next cruise?

DiploTraveler

We just returned from a HAL cruise with our 16 mo son. This was his second cruise (both with HAL). He had a blast both times, but he's now showing more interest in playing with other kids instead of just hanging out with us and exploring the ship and ports. Outside the kids club, HAL doesn't offer anything to children... not even a kiddie pool for the potty-challenged.

We want to take another cruise before he's old enough for the kids club. So my question to you is: What sorts of activities can <3 yo kids participate in? How does this compare with Carnival?

The Disney Cruise Line (my cruise was on the Dream) is fantastic for kids of all ages. As mentioned before the ship is full of characters, the deck parties are amazing, Nemo's Reef looks like a toddler wonderland as far as a splash zone goes, there are kids clubs for all ages (3mo-18yrs) on DCL, and even dinner can be an exciting adventure!

I cruised without my kids (I have 3) on the Dream, and very much enjoyed the adult only areas as well. If you feel like dropping him off at the Nursery and spending some grown-up time, DCL is the perfect place to do that. I can't think of a better place for kids of all ages to relax and have fun together. :)

Archived