Iphone on FOS

jackg962

Can I use my Iphone just for the internet and pay ship charges for internet use, if I have my Iphone in airplane mode. It should not download messages or call, is that correct?

:confused:

Yes, that's correct. If an iPhone is put on airplane mode, it cannot do any functions that use the 3G network, ie, make calls, texts, surf the web, etc. However, you can pay to use the ship's WiFi, then you will be able to use your phone as usual, with the exception of making calls and texts. I do warn that WiFi connection will be very slow. :(

Is it possible to use 3G in the ship? W/o using the ships Internet? I thought I'd read a post that someone was using their iPad on board but can't find the post now.

You can use 3G as the ship has special equipment to connect you, but your phone company does charge extra unless you have international data plans. You want to get that checked through your phone company. All I know about that is that most companies charge 50 cents per text. I don't know what the charges are about calling and surfing the web abroad. Hope I helped :)

Archived