I stiffed a cabin steward, on accident

sgriff17

Okay, I know I talked about this like 4 months ago in my review of the Carnival Triumph on Dec 18th (incase you want to see what im talking about).

I still feel horrible though. As a review, I gave my cash to the pursers desk to distribute to all the people - they did a great job, so i did more. Reason why is in my posts from months back, LONG STORY. I learned my lesson yes.

Well anyway, "somehow" no one got the cash I had given them. (Another long, frustrating story...) Anyway to still get money to them, months later? I mean, it's not that THEY were ever told what happened. They think I stiffed them, which is sooo far from the truth. :confused: Or should I just forget it...

I leave the tips on my S&S...and I personally give an envelope with any extra [as well as a computer-generated "thank you card"] to the individual people on the last night of the cruise.

As a server, I know that it sucks to get stiffed. But you just have to brush it off and forget about it. If you let one person effect your mood then the rest of your tips go down. So, more then likely your room steward hasn't thought about it again and either should you. If by some small chance you see him or her again then tip then them and explain what happened. But don't beat yourself up over it.

Rebecca

I don't know how you can safely assume that no one got their cash tips. Did you not put them in the envelopes for the intended staff? Even if you left the cash with the pursers desk, you should have indicated where the cash was to go. You would have to have asked the people you intended to tip if they didn't get it. It's also not safe to assume the towel thing was retribution, your room steward could lose her job if she pulled a stunt like that.

However, it's just too late to do much about it now. Just personally hand out your future tips, or leave the tips on the sail and sign card. You could, perhaps, write a letter to Carnival, giving your name, cruise date, cabin # and the names of the servers you feel you stiffed. A letter of praise can go a long way for these people and it is appreciated.

Customer service does not seem to be the strong point for any of the major cruise lines. Yours is not the first story I've read regarding rude customer service reps.

Your heart was in the right place...I don't think there is anything you can do at this point but let it go. I understand that isn't easy for a good person, obviously, such as yourself :) ...but guilt is wasted energy.

Do something nice for someone else...it will make you feel a little better. :)

Archived