Grand Princess April 7th TA from Ft Lauderdale to Southammpton

Aldo Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. My partner Scott and I will be on board as well, and also plan to spend a short amount of time in London. We're traveling with a very good friend as well, so we know there will at least be 5 of us. :). We'll be arriving in Ft Lauderdale the day prior to leaving. What are your plans? Feel free to drop us an email at rogan-levine@whidbey.com.

Hi David and Scott and friend

Rex is arriving the day before the cruise but I will arrive at 1:20 on Sat the day of departure. In London we are staying at Parkwood Hotel a budget hotel with an excellent location at Marble Arch. We hope to get a lot of theater in and pray for decient weather. I would pack an umbrella :( as London can have many showers especially in the springtime. What are you planing to do in London? Rex and I haven't really discussed it other then the theater.

Robert

Hi Robert,

We're staying the first night in Southampton and then moving on to Bristol. We'll be staying with friend and doing short trips to various places from there (Bath, Cardiff, etc). We'll only be staying hte one night in London (our friends booked so not sure where). They also booked theater tickets for us that night (I think Friday the 17th). Fly home on the 28th.

Hi David and Scott

You will enjoy Bath and Cardif. Especially Bath with the Pump Room and museum of costume. Bath is deffinately a city to be explored on foot and can easily be done so. I have never been to Bristol but we have discussed taking a daytrip to Brighton from London. Find out that you are going to see on the 27th. There is so much to choose from and since all the theaters are rather small all seats are good. Well, that is unless you get a restricted view seat. One week from today I will arrive in sunny Palm Springs and I can't wait. Actually our winter has been rather mild so far so I should not complain.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Some time in sunny Palm Springs sounds nice. We've had quite the cold, wet winter so far. We've only been to London, so it will all be new to us. Our friends who we met on our last cruise live in Bristol, so it should be nice seeing it from their eyes. We'll be seeing "We will rock you" in London. The theater looks quite large but we have very good seats.

David and Scott

You are very fortunate to have friends that can show you around the area of Bristol. How wonderful to have locals as your tour guide so you can experience touring through "British" eyes. Last Sept Rex and I were in Paris where we took several daytrips out in the country and finding the correct train ticket window was a bit of a challenge. But I always feel that is part of the travel experience even if it is a little unsettling at the time.

You will enjoy "We Will Rock You". Have you been to the theater in London before? They sell ice cream in the theater at intermission...it is a real hoot!

I hope others will join us for the LGBT gatherings as surely we are not the only family on this cruise.

In 4 days I will send a warm sunny hug to you both from Palm Springs.:D

Ola

Robert

There always seem to be more on board than we find in advance. I've not doubt we'll find more and make friends. :) Yes, I have been to London theater before but not since the 80's. Scott has not yet, so it should be fun. Yes, we feel very fortunate to have "the personal touch" in our friends as tour guides. They a generous and fun couple. Enjoy PS!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived