Capitol Parking Tampa FL or Port of Tampa Channelside Parking Garage

marcyjane

We used Capital Parking for our April 25th cruise. Was a little worried when we first got to their parking lot. It was closed and no one around. We called the number on the reservation. The driver told us they have moved and gave us directions to the new lot. He offered to come meet me at the old lot so I could follow him to the new one. I didn't need that but he did stay on the phone giving me directions to the new lot.

They did send an email letting us know they have moved, but because we arrived so early the email came after we parked.

We arrived earlier than we had planned (about 9:15). He loaded our luggage and drove us to the port. Only a 5 min drive.

Once back at the port we called and the driver was there to pick up us within 10 min.

The driver told us that they will be opening a new lot close to the port soon. We will use them again when we cruise out of Tampa.

I had reservations for Capital Parking for Apr 27th for 5 nights. I received an email the night of Apr 26th advising me of a location change. Good thing I checked my email on my phone or I would have never received the information, even though they had my cell number where they could have either called or sent a text message about the location change. When I arrived at the new location, I decided IMMEDIATELY that I was NOT parking my truck here for several hours, much less for 5 nights. I advised the parking attendant that was there with a van that I did not feel comfortable and that I was going to make other arrangements on my own. He gave me a business card and told me to talk to Jimmy. I called the number on the business card and left a voice mail. I also emailed the company back from the night before advising that their location was unsecure and unsafe. The lot was at the Corner of Kennedy and 11th Street. There are abandoned buildings and torn down fencing all around. I have pictures to show the lot.

I never received any communication back from Capital Parking. Upon return of my cruise, I drove by this same lot and the same parking attendant remembered me from before and I mentioned to him that I still had not received any communication from his company. He again took down my name and number and told me that someone would call me THAT day. It is now 5 days later and I have not received ANY communication from anyone from Capital Parking. I am now in the process of letting the Credit Card Company deal with them because I am refusing to pay for a service that I never used!! I would never recommend this company to anyone for use!!

IMG_20130502_083252_041.jpg.38a027e22e13b0d5aa8b3259a83b2fa1.jpg

IMG_20130502_083259_877.jpg.4ab025dd0c2d9cea846cdfbdbbadb5b3.jpg

IMG_20130502_083311_027.jpg.4a61557f944828580ca5aaf2ea314aa1.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just used Parktologist aka the Parking Doctors at the Tampa Cruise Port. This is a newer entry into the parking game. Price was half the cost of at the port for a seven night cruise.

Service was excellent! Clean vehicle, courteous drivers and helpful. Pulled up to facility (a dirt lot; but they have a building with a clean restroom, which is useful after driving a few hours). We were greeted and immediately helped with unloading our luggage, directed to where to park and our luggage was loaded into the van. Couple minute drive right to the cruise port drop off area in front of the ship. Picked up at same spot, which was fortunate as it was a light rain and it was undercover. They came within 5 minutes of when we called. Dropped off right at our car.

Have used the Port Garage also and it is fine, but, so much nicer being dropped off right where the baggage handlers are and not having to walk to the car.

I normally don't post, but when I was trying to research The Parking Doctors, I could find almost no reviews on them except for two and they were also positive. Need to support the people who provide great service at a reasonable price. :)

I've been searching everywhere for a good review on the Parking Doctors!

Going to book them now b/c of your review :)

Just used Parktologist aka the Parking Doctors at the Tampa Cruise Port. This is a newer entry into the parking game. Price was half the cost of at the port for a seven night cruise.

Service was excellent! Clean vehicle, courteous drivers and helpful. Pulled up to facility (a dirt lot; but they have a building with a clean restroom, which is useful after driving a few hours). We were greeted and immediately helped with unloading our luggage, directed to where to park and our luggage was loaded into the van. Couple minute drive right to the cruise port drop off area in front of the ship. Picked up at same spot, which was fortunate as it was a light rain and it was undercover. They came within 5 minutes of when we called. Dropped off right at our car.

Have used the Port Garage also and it is fine, but, so much nicer being dropped off right where the baggage handlers are and not having to walk to the car.

I normally don't post, but when I was trying to research The Parking Doctors, I could find almost no reviews on them except for two and they were also positive. Need to support the people who provide great service at a reasonable price. :)