Accessible Rooms

Feels Goodman

I am thinking of going on a cruise (for the first time) next year if I can. I was wondering though what size beds do accessible rooms usually come with? Also do they tend to have two beds in accessible rooms?

Thanks

Usually there are two beds in the cabin. Very few accessible rooms can accommodate more than 2 people. If you're travelling with a spouse/partner, the beds can be put together to a size a big larger than "queen" but not as large as "king". Or if it's more convenient (or you're travelling with someone other than "partner") the beds can be made up as single beds -- larger than twin, but not as large as full.

Of course, this depends on the cruise line. On some smaller lines (like the Hurtigruten that I've cruised on) there are only twin beds.

Depending on the specific accessible cabin, some of the beds can't be moved together. On my last cruise, Sea Princess, neither I nor my TA noticed the symbol on the deck plans that stated that the beds in the particular cabin could not be moved together.

As a fluffy cruiser, it was a rather uncomfortable 14 nights.

My TA nor I will make this mistake again!!

Archived