Good beaches close to port in Montego Bay

IUHoops

My family will be in MB on the Conquest in March 2012. Have been reading the threads and am still trying to decide what to do while in port. We would like to spend the day at the beach. Will my wife and 11 year old daughter feel safe in MB? Was thinking about going on our own to Doctor's Cave, but have seen some mixed reviews. We have cruised before, but this will be our first time in MB. Also looking for a good suggestion for excursions/beach day in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Thanks!

My family will be in MB on the Conquest in March 2012. Have been reading the threads and am still trying to decide what to do while in port. We would like to spend the day at the beach. Will my wife and 11 year old daughter feel safe in MB? Was thinking about going on our own to Doctor's Cave, but have seen some mixed reviews. We have cruised before, but this will be our first time in MB. Also looking for a good suggestion for excursions/beach day in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Thanks!

We're having a hard time figuring out what we will do in Jamaica as well. Isla Passion Island is alot of fun in Cozumel. Thinking about doing something different in Grand Cayman, maybe the sub or Sea Trek. Go IU. 10-0!

:) My family is also going on the Conquest, 3/25/12. I have 3 kids, 9 yr old DD, 13 - DD and 14 - DS.

I believe we are going to get a resort day pass from Jamaica for a day. com to Sunset Beach Resort and Spa. After figuring taxi, entrance fees or rental fees for chairs/umbrellas and a minimum of $20 pp for food/drink (for the whole day) - I think the day pass is the way to go for us. First, it includes transportation to/from the port. Second, my 3 kids will get the "kid rate" and not have to pay adult rates. Third, it includes the water park, toys, chairs, towels, kayaks and food/drink.

Like you, we want a beach day to relax and have fun. Not have to worry about anything. I figured it to be $290 for the 6 of us, including everything except tips.

Cozumel, will either be Mr Sanchos .com, all inclusive for $175 + taxi or Paradise Beach, estimating $150 + taxi. Havent decided yet.

Grand Cayman, found discount excursions . com, they have a couple of tours we will consider. One included the stringrays and the other was the local Island Tour for $20 per adult, $12 per kid. The Island one, we could see the sites then get dropped off a 7 mile beach for the rest of the day. Best of both worlds, maybe. :)

Lots to consider....hope your family has a great cruise!!

Anita

For Jamaica, if you just want a nice beach, Doctors Cave is the best you'll get in Mobay, its easy to get to (like 10 mins drive) and its very safe, 5$ entrance, 5$ chairs, 5$ Umbrellas.... Im sure you'll enjoy that completely.

Cayman, Im actually thinking about this too, I stop there in april and Im thinking about doing one of the scuba Catamarn tours to the Stingray sandbar and some other places.

Cozumel, I think Ima gonna do the bar hopping tour.... Im not much of a drinker, but this tour offers a great way to go to the other end of the island that most cruisers dont get to see as well as 4 different beach bars. You get 1 shot free at each location, but again this is more about the sight seeing and hanging out at the beaches rather than getting drunk.

Thanks for the suggestions. We are thinking Dr.'s Cave in Jamaica and Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. My wife and daughter are still a little concerned about safety at Jamaica.

For Cozumel, I like the idea of only 100 people at Nachi Cocum. It is a little more expensive, but maybe not as crowded? Still up in the air for Grand Cayman. I'm sure we will end up at 7 mile beach at some point. We are just trying to figure out what else to do. The stingrays look interesting to my daughter. My 16 yr. old son will want to snorkel on at least one of the stops.

Thanks for the suggestions. We are thinking Dr.'s Cave in Jamaica and Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. My wife and daughter are still a little concerned about safety at Jamaica.

For Cozumel, I like the idea of only 100 people at Nachi Cocum. It is a little more expensive, but maybe not as crowded? Still up in the air for Grand Cayman. I'm sure we will end up at 7 mile beach at some point. We are just trying to figure out what else to do. The stingrays look interesting to my daughter. My 16 yr. old son will want to snorkel on at least one of the stops.

You will be completely safe here in Jamaica. Unless you venture off into some of the way out bad neighbourhoods lol. Mobay is quite safe, the strip with Marguritaville and Dr. Cave and all the other stuff is patrolled with police as well. You have absolutely nothing to be worry about besides a few vendors who might seem a bit nagging, but a firm no thank you and you're good.

Doctor's Cave Beach is a great beach and we had a lot of fun there. My boys even rented jet ski's and had a blast.

I have been to Paradise Beach and Nachi Cocum and if you have kids, Paradise Beach is the way to go. I really enjoyed Nachi Cocum but frankly we didn't eat or drink enough for the price. Both places are very nice though and the people are great there. We are going back in May and I think we will head to Chanuabbi??? Park. We were there a while back and loved the snorkeling.

Have a blast on your trip.

We did Nachi Cocum last year and it was wonderful. We had a wonderful time.

Archived