Xrays damage to Kodak waterproof cameras

calex1976

Digital underwater (turtle) vs disposable underwater (Fish). IMO digital gives much better pics underwater. I did the disposable for a couple of years and by the time you add up camera cost and development cost the digital won out. Plus with digital you can take as many as you want an delete the bad pictures. Plus no X-rays to worry about.

Thanks for that. Big difference.

FWIW - I purchased an inexpensive ($44) underwater digital camera for our upcoming cruise in March. Obviously I have not used it underwater yet, but we played with it in the house and it takes decent enough photos, and takes videos as well. I figured for $44 it was worth a shot - I purchased a 4gb memory card for less than $2 (on Amazon) to use with it. Takes AA (I think) batteries.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HMTD6/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

51rhhW2NlSL.jpg.81825ea2f272c97dae234f83fa913dd2.jpg

We found a great deal on Kodak waterproof disposable cameras and plan on bring a few on our cruise. Not sure about the film speed on them though. We will only be going through X-rays While boarding, no airports on this trip. Will the X-ray damage the cameras if they are packed in checked luggage or do I need to pack them in carry on and have them hand inspected? Thanks for any info.

Not sure which disposable waterproof cameras I have used in the past, but I do remember one of them being 800 speed. I always bring it in my carry on, BUT when I get to security I take it out and say its 800 speed film and it cannot go through the machine. I have only one time had someone look at me like I was crazy, but he eventually handed it off to someone else to look at and then gave it back to me.

FWIW - I purchased an inexpensive ($44) underwater digital camera for our upcoming cruise in March. Obviously I have not used it underwater yet, but we played with it in the house and it takes decent enough photos, and takes videos as well. I figured for $44 it was worth a shot - I purchased a 4gb memory card for less than $2 (on Amazon) to use with it. Takes AA (I think) batteries.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HMTD6/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

That is the one they were selling on Groupon this week. It sold out!

Archived