Where would you go?!?!?

VAMommy

Happy Holidays everyone!!

For the past few weeks I have been suggesting to my husband that we take the kids on a cruise next year for Christmas verus celebrating at home. While we was receptive to the idea, he wasn't...shall I say....as "excited" about it as I was because paying for 5 people is a heck of a lot more than paying for 2!

With that said, I dropped the idea for arguements sake and decided to postpone the trip to 2013 to allow more time to save up. :o

Well, Christmas morning rolls around and hubby gives me this beautifully wrapped box. I didn't recognize the wrapping paper and it was wrapped beautifully so I knew he got it wrapped somewhere else. It was too big for jewlery, too small for a new camera lens....hmmmmm, what on earth could it be? The tag read "To Mommy; From Santa....OPEN LAST!" So it got tossed to the side while the kids enjoyed their moment.

After 30 minutes or so, hubby reminds me to open "the box". I'm thinking...okay, no biggie. After all, he isn't the romantic type. Love him to death but his idea of romantic is a stuffed bear with an LCD heart that glows! Ummm, I'm almost 40, not 14. But that's him. :D

I slowly unwrap the paper and it's a plain white box. No store marking, no brand marking...nothing. Just a plain 6"x6" box. I pull the lid off and am utterly shocked at what I see!!!

Hubby gave me $4,000 to put towards our Vacation next year!!! :D :D :D :D

I am not an emotional person but I lost it! I cried like a baby!! See, my husband is frugal! He gives new meaning to "cheap". I love him and appreciate his ways but sometimes, his frugalness gets in the way of us enjoying life and creating memories! It's not like we're living paycheck to paycheck...but because he is like this, we will never have to! So, for him to give me this money meant more to me than I can ever write!!

So now, the fun part....where do we go?! For how long?! There are 5 of us (3 kids that will be 17, 14 and 13 by the time we cruise). We've been to the Bahamas countless times so we aren't interested in going there.

Any suggestions?!?!?

Maybe do Western this time! Lots of different activities for all ages. The Legend out of Tampa is a great ship and often has better prices...or if you want larger ships, you can look at the others which leave from the East Coast of FL.

What a wonderful Christmas present that was!!!:)

Congratulations What an awesome Christmas present!!!

If you plan on being on a ship for Christmas day, I would suggest you Book SOON, as the prices will just continue to climb.

I would consider an inside for the kids, and a balcony for you and your husband.

The Carnival Glory has a great Western Itinerary and currently is the cheapest for those dates.

I love planning, and having a cruise to look forward to. Enjoy.

Archived