Weddings on the Majesty

pathubia

Patti:

Does this mean you are getting married in August?! A friend of DH's had a sister that did this. The wedding is held before the cruise leaves and theirs was held in Frame 54. Guests are allowed to order drinks and pay cash at the bar. I think the wedding was pre-911 so hopefully nothing has changed.

Jacki

We're in the discussion stage. He wants us to do a Justice of the Peace thing, but I would love to get married on the ship. I printed out the info, it would be really small 25, maybe 30 tops...They have some packages, hot and cold hors d'oevres with an open bar for an hour would run about $24 PP, $16 for the kids. Just the ceremony with photographer would be about $1450..Who know what we will do. But thats what I want, and I usually can get my way, LOL.

Patty

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:) I think it's a great way to get married. The price really isn't that bad either. And you don't have to leave the reception to go on your honeymoon. Just make sure you stay in your wedding attire for the muster drill ;) Those pictures will look really nice!

We had a weddng on the NCL Spirit in Feb. 05, before you book ANY weddings with NCL one word of caution DON'T. I will be posting a full review of the wedding [actually I will post the full letter I sent to NCL] and NCLs response after NCL responds. The wedding was on the 18th of Feb, I have yet to hear from them.

Patty,

We were married Oct 2003 on the Majesty out of Boston. The company that handled the wedding preps were not very informative. We had about 100 people and did the hors d'oerves and open bar for 1 hours. I was very concerned as again the people that handled the wedding preparations over the phone were nice but just not to informative but when the day came the wedding planners on the ship were wonderful. the justice of the peace was incredible, and the food and open bar was very good. It was held in the disco, which concerned me, but it was decorated very nicely to look like a wedding reception. All around very, very pleased except for the planners on the phone.

Anna

Patty

If you have an e-mail address I will send you the letter before you commit to anything. I will allow you to refer to our disastrous wedding. Maybe different ports and ships are better than others. If we knew what could go wrong we would have tried to stay on top of it. The Wedding Exeriance will not discuss the wedding with us or what they think was the cause of the disaster. They have sent it to NCL Customer Service [LOL]. By the way the cruise was great.

When we went on our honeymoon on the Enchantment of the Seas, we saw a few couples who had shipboard weddings dressed up in their wedding attire during the muster. It really was funny to see. Make sure you post a picture if you do get married on the Majesty. I think having your wedding on the Majesty is fitting considering how much you like the ship and how many times you have sailed her. How is the lap band working? Good I hope.

Patty

I'm just wondering if you got my E-mail and if you had been able to open the attachment? For some reason The Wedding Experience had trouble with the attachment.

I got your e-mail and was able to open the attachment. I feel so bad that you had terrible service. You must have been shocked when you realized that the planners left. What a crappy way to be treated!!!

Patty

Archived