Allure Family ocean view balcony or 2 connecting OV balconies?

I posted this in the cabin tips forum, but thought I might get a quicker response here...

We currently have booked 2 connecting ocean view balconies (6682 & 6684). I am wondering if the Family ocean view balcony would be a better option. I am unable to price it on the website for RCI. We want more room for our family of 4, but wonder if the family room would be adequate and be mor cost effective.

Thanks!

My family of 5 just completed a holiday cruise aboard Oasis. We had a family ocean view stateroom with balcony (11162) and loved it! There was plenty of space for all of our stuff and all of us. There were 2 full size closets and a really small closet by the bunk beds as well. The balcony was nice and large also and had 4 chairs on it. The only downside was sharing one bathroom. However, with 3 small kids (7,5 and 2) we didn't want to have 2 separate staterooms.

This is really dependant on what is important to you. With 2 cabins you will get two bathrooms instead of 1. Also, for me, depends on the age of the kids involved. DH and I like to be able to sleep in the same room so we won't do connecting balcony cabins because the ages of our kids (don't trust them to have their own balcony access without going past us to get there so in this case one of us would have to sleep in the connecting cabin). Also the price if the above doesn't matter to you because sometimes the price of 2 cabins can be less than 1 family cabin.

You will have to call RCI to get a price on any of the family cabins and they may/may not book it for you because these cabins have a minimum occupancy of 5 and you stated you are a family of 4. It doesn't hurt to call and inquire and sometimes closer to sailing they do open these up to less than minimum occupancy if still available.

I think, because you are going on the Allure (a huge ship), it would be important to be close to an elevator. A lot of the activities seem to be aft of ship but this could be different on the Allure. We have cruised on the FOS and the Explorer.

We always get 2 connecting because we are a family of 6 (3 kids are teens) and having 2 bathrooms is a must. If you have little ones, it probably doesn't make a difference.

I hadn't realized there was a 5 person minimum, so that answers my question for me. I did call to see if they would give us one and try to price it, just in case. But the rep said there was a minimum of 5. I may try again closer to the cruise for the sake of trying. Although I think we are happy where we are. Thanks everyone for your help.

Shauna

Archived