Tell me about the Pacific pearl

Drelix

This cruise was a huge disappointment and I regret that I spent my New Years holiday on this ship.

First of all, the stops to the islands were disappointing as everything was overpriced or in no way exciting or novel. Souvenirs and little nothings that you can buy from $2 shops in New Zealand. In some of the stops, if you wanted to go to the nearby towns, an expensive taxi ride is required and there is nothing to be done where the ship is anchored.

The stop in Norfolk Island is a lie! As other reviewers have pointed out, this is a phantom stop as the ship always states that they cannot stop in the port because of weather conditions or some other excuse. It just so happens that my husband sailed for several years and knows a lot about ships, and knows that the excuses they offer to explain the fact that they couldn’t stop was nonsense. As another reviewer pointed out, some of the crew have never stopped in Norfolk and they have been with the ship for 4 years! You’d think that if they have difficulty every time with stopping in this port, they might try to find some other place they could stop, or at least stop advertising it!

The one thing with which they win the passengers is the food – huge amounts of all you can eat. But I guess the price you pay for the cruise covers all of that and more. Great if you want to put on several kgs.

Entertainment was laughable too – most people on the ship entertained themselves by drinking huge amounts of alcohol, because there was certainly nothing much else to do. The spa was incredibly crowded and if you wanted to go a bit later in the night, it was shut! Same with the swimming pool – FULL of kids during the day, but shut early, so you could never go and enjoy a swim without screaming children.

But the one thing that bothered me most was the fact that you could feel every single bloody wave. Considering the size of the ship, you shouldn’t be able to feel a 2m high wave. But in order to save petrol and drag on the time they only used 2 engines and a very slow speed. And as a result the ship pitched to bad, it made it hard to sleep or sometimes walk.

Apparently Ginaco hasn't been back because he is far too busy lining up at the methodone clinic. He has to be on drugs!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LOL Stan, it's seems to me that quite a few people just join to have a whinge and are never heard of again. :D It's obvious he didn't do any pre-cruise research, which is a shame.

His comments about the ship "pitching so bad" really make me wonder, though. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

The stop in Norfolk Island is a lie! As other reviewers have pointed out, this is a phantom stop as the ship always states that they cannot stop in the port because of weather conditions or some other excuse. It just so happens that my husband sailed for several years and knows a lot about ships, and knows that the excuses they offer to explain the fact that they couldn’t stop was nonsense. As another reviewer pointed out, some of the crew have never stopped in Norfolk and they have been with the ship for 4 years! You’d think that if they have difficulty every time with stopping in this port, they might try to find some other place they could stop, or at least stop advertising it!

If this poster and anyone reading it had ever gone on a landlubbers holiday to beautiful Norfolk Island then they would know that the waters around Norfolk are extremely dangerous. The fishing boats have to be lowered into the water from the jetty on a winch. It is a very dangerous process. I have watched this happening and there is no way I would ever do a fishing trip there, even though I absolutely love going fishing! Picturing passengers having to get off a cruise ship tender onto the pier just makes me shudder at the thought!!!!

Archived