Select Dining and Gluten Free Needs

wrg11

Hi,

We're finally booked for the Summit in late July!! Our TA told us that we've got select dining. From reading the posts here and for other cruise lines, it sems like peole with special dietary needs usually have a fixed seating for dinner. Do you think I'll be alright with select dining? Can dh and I "select" to dine at about the same time every night? Thanks.

Hi,

We're finally booked for the Summit in late July!! Our TA told us that we've got select dining. From reading the posts here and for other cruise lines, it sems like peole with special dietary needs usually have a fixed seating for dinner. Do you think I'll be alright with select dining? Can dh and I "select" to dine at about the same time every night? Thanks.

While traditional dining would be easier as you would have the same wait staff every evening, you should still be fine in Select. BFF has Celiac and when we have cruised with her it's always the section maitre d' that comes over every night at the end of dinner to help her pre-select her gluten free meal for the next evening. On the first night it would be easy for you to order things from the menu that are naturally gluten free, such as steak, baked potato, and steamed veggies, then make sure you have the waiter send over the section maitre d' so you can introduce yourself and ask him/her to assist you with your needs for the rest of the cruise. The two times our friend has been on X they were very accommodating with special requests (such as making a batch of gluten free ice cream for her), and if you write to the cruiseline ahead of time about your dietary needs they will even have gluten free bread and pasta on board for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived