Peat Taylor Ocho Rios

Joyride37

I've joined a tour some years ago in Mexico to the Mayan ruins. The tour guide had such a heavy accent that majority of the tour group could not understand. We ended up just looking at the scenery and tried to guess (or ignore) what he was saying.

With the Peat Taylor Tours there will be no Language barrier they are an intelligent and humorous tour group.

• 3 weeks later...
I've joined a tour some years ago in Mexico to the Mayan ruins. The tour guide had such a heavy accent that majority of the tour group could not understand. We ended up just looking at the scenery and tried to guess (or ignore) what he was saying.

Peat Taylor tours is in Jamaica very good tour very personable and professional.:)

• 2 weeks later...
We thought we had signed up for a private tour going to DRF and then White River tubing? No we were part of four different tours running from the same van. All did DRF then we dropped people at the Bob Sled, then a few at the beach a couple more at Horse Back Riding and finally us at the tubing. Like mentioned in the previous review when we finished the tubing ...NO PEAT TAYLOR ...just six of us in our swim suits in a very rough part of town and our guides didn't stay with us! They said wait here and they left...45 minutes we waited talking to an intersting local "Bob" who whas smoking a fatty and was rather cool to meet ...finally Peat shows up and he dropped us at Margaritaville. Sorry not acceptable

We have now done Phil Lafayette and Peat Taylor's Tours and I must say Phil is much more reliable..

Did you then have to get from Margaritaville back to port on your own or did he come back for you?

I always feel bad for the tour guides when people do not show up and then when you have to wait everyone loses. I thought Peat was a very nice man but if he would require a deposit for his tours and credit card information to guarantee reservations people would be punctual.

Mahogany beach was a stop with Peat Taylor(fantastic by the way).

I found it very small, not that picturesque with a creepy vibe. There was nothing to do there and we felt it was a bit of a waste of our limited time while at port. Go to blue hole instead.

We did the Dunns River / Mahogany Beach tour through Peat Taylor last February. I agree with RRB above. Not a beach I enjoyed, or would ever return to. I would never have thought of the word "creepy" to describe it.... but you know, now that he's said it.... it totally was, and creepy is a good word to describe it. It had a really odd vibe there and I didn't like it.

Our guide was Vinnie and he was fine. It wasn't much of a 'tour' IMO, they drove us to the falls, then rounded us up and drove us to the beach, then rounded us up and took us back to the ship. There really wasn't much of a guided or verbal tour involved. More of a transportation service - - they really didn't say much after the beginning. Vinnie was a very nice man - always a big smile, and Dunns River was fun (vendors are intense, but you've probably already heard that), but I really didn't like their choice of beach. If I ever go back to Ochos Rios, and I don't plan to, I think I will visit the blue hole. All in all, I didn't enjoy my day at Ochos Rios. It's not a very nice place IMO.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived