Calling all Cruisers who have been to Europe

Appgrad

I am looking for anyone who has done a Mediterranean cruise. I want to go in June-July of 2004. I have several questions:

1. Which cities were your favorites? What tours/attractions/historical places are must sees in that city?

2. Which cruise line were you on? How did you like the cruise?

I am going to post this on a couple of different boards to maximize my responses! Any feedback is appreciated!!

We just got off the Fortuna this past Sunday. Started out in Savona then went to Naples, Sicily, Tunis, Palma de Macora, Barcelona, and Marseile France. I know I spelled a few of those wrong but you get the point. Barcelona was my favorite. All the ports were nice and fun everything was real expensive on the ship and off. The last day when the ship was to leave Marseile France and go back to our starting port we tried to leave in 120 km wind. The ship pushed away about 5 feet with the side thrusters and two tugs and then broke loose and hitting the dock which damaged a large door at water level. They then could not leave until the following night. They put us all on buses for a five hour bus ride bace to Sanona Italy. Any other questions just ask.

We did the Med last summer. I didn't like Ajaccio- lots of dog mess around, but my favourite ports were Portofino (santa Margarita) and Rome. There were 8 of us, (4 kids aged 9,13,12,and11) and we hired a driver to pick us up at Civitavecchia. It was the best day ever. Instead of being hurdled into a coach with 50 other people- like the ship's excursion, we had our own private a/c minibus, and stopped for ice- cream, toilets or whatever when we wished. the minibus was also able to take us closer to monuments than the coach and meant that we got longer at them. I can thoroughly recommend http://www.driverinrome.com Nice is also good, wander round the old town.

• 2 weeks later...

Richlove, I will be doing this cruise in September. (Costa Fortuna)

Where did you fly into and how did you get to Savona?

I've got to book my air and am leaning towards flying into Nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Richlove, I'm also booked on the Fortuna from 5th June...any info or good advice for us? I've been on the Costa Victoria before but this is a first for the Fortuna.....what did you think of it?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived