Swiss Splendors & Lake Como

calilregit

I am a veteran of 17 cruises (15 ocean and 2 river) but I just booked an itinerary that is novel for me. Actually, it reminds me of of the type of cruise I took with Viking to China. It is 7 days on land, starting in Zurich, and then a 12 day ocean cruise starting in Venice, going through the Greek Isles, and ending in Rome. This one is special because my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary during the cruise.

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the land portion of this trip? Is it similar to Viking with guided tours in the respective cities with a group from Princess? Are you left to your own to enjoy as you deem best? What does Princess do well and not so well on the land legs of trips.

Thank yoiu in advance!

Good Day. While my wife and I haven't yet been on a river cruise, we have enjoyd several 'cruisetours' with Princess and RCL. My overall impression is that these are very comfortable and easy to do. Accomodations will be in the best hotel in town. The meals that are provided will be excellent and you will gain access to the highlights wherever you go. You should be prepared to buy some of your own meals 'cause not all are usually included. You say that you've been on several cruises so you will be familar with the care and comfort that you have come to expect on a ship's tour. Expect much more of the same on a tour.

In 2002 we did the Swiss Alps tour with Princes and it was a truly wonderful experience. Subsequent to that we did the Italain Lakes on our own for 8 or 9 days just prior to a Greek Isllnds cruise similar to what you are considering. I am very condient that you will enjoy this tour.

P.S. Welcome to cruise critic!

Archived