Paradise Beach - I was skeptical but not anymore!

mnsawyer

Okay - I have to admit it - I was skeptical about Paradise Beach but not anymore! We were on the Glory last week and on Cozumel on Wednesday - it was fabulous. Got there around 9:15 a.m. and had the place to ourselves. People cleaning, washing changing rooms, bathrooms, etc., along with combining the beach. Got an umbrella and two chairs. Started filling up around 11:00 a.m. or so. The place is beautiful and would recommend highly to anyone. There is a long pier that has a big thatched roof which you can relax and even swim and snorkel off. The snorkeling is excellent by the bouys and my DH hasn't stopped talking about this place. The best part of the beach it at Paradise Beach. Other areas/beach clubs are very sloped and difficult to walk on. Not sure if this was from the hurricane last fall or just the natural slope of the entire beach area. We had 4 drinks, 3 waters, 2 diet pepsis along with ribs, french fries and veggies as well as guacamole and chips our bill for the entire day was $47. OUr waiter was fabulous and very accommodating. We didn't want to leave. Taxis available right at the driveway so no waiting. Left around 2:00 p.m. Tom, great job!! This place is the BEST! We loved our stay on Paradise Beach - the highlight of our cruise!

We docked at the Puerta Maya pier and the cab fare was $12 per taxi each way. It's past Chanakaab but not as far away as Nachi Comb?? - we had a fabulous day and would recommend it highly. The snorkeling there is good too right off the pier towards the bouys. Enjoy! The drinks and food are great and the service excellent! The facility is lovely and spotless!

mnsawyer...High praise indeed! Thanx the great review, I'm so glad you had an awesome day with us! I just answered your other post, but totally overlooked this one, sorry!

Anieeee and Princess....will be looking out for you...hasta la vista!

spocruiser...thanx again!

leahjade...we're about a 10 min, $12USD cab ride away...see ya!

We've been open since Nov 03. It used to be part of San Fransisco beach next door, but they sold off chunks a few years ago and we ended up with the biggest piece. That driveway and the beautiful landscaped grounds were all swampland and low jungle scrub a few years ago...thanx for the compliment!

While we won't be in Cozumel until 12/12, I definitely think Paradise Beach

will be our choice for the day! My family and I love the beach and it sounds

like there's everything we could possibly need. It will be a great place to

recover from my Bday, which is the day before!

After all the posts that we have read we finally decided to see Paradise Beach for ourselves. Is there anything we can bring you Tom? We can't wait to enjoy the day on the beach. See you on 5/7. Will you be there Tom??? Looking forward to meeting you!

Take care...

Michelle:)

I don't want to turn anyone off on PB but some things should be mentioned that I didn't hear of before going there last week. First of all and most importantly, as you walk into the water on PB's beach you immediately encounter very rough rock. These aren't pebbles, it's rock ledge that can and will cut your feet. We figured out how to enter the water safely by hopping on floating mats (provided by PB) at the waters edge to avoid the rock. No mention of this hazard was made by anyone, and trust me it should be.

Secondly the snorkeling is mediocre at best. Go about 100 yds off the end of the pier towards the biggest ball in the swimming demarcation line of balls and you'll find some fish. That's about it, other than at the end of the pier.

The food & drink we had was very good, but somewhat over priced. Service was excellent. I believe our waiter's name was Arturo.

Overall we had a nice day at PB and even had the excitement of a small tornado (or something similar) that made it's way right thru the beach. The staff reacted quickly and efficiently and had medical staff on the beach within minutes. That they were that quick to respond to a freak situation impressed our entire group.

LDR...I´ll be waiting with house shooters to help you celebrate/recuperate! Hasta Diciembre!

bcurran2003...I´ll be sure to pass on the compliments to El Jefe (Da Boss)! :) Gracias!

gobos...some excitement that day, huh?! Had people scrambling for cover when that wind hit...fortunately the worst injuries were some scrapes.

As for our food and drink prices, they're competitive with all the other beach clubs nearby. That's who our competition is, not a little cantina in town. Our beer prices are exactly the same as the 2 clubs next door...who are you comparing us with?

As for your other complaints, they´ve been discussed on this forum before...you may not have seen them. Usually we have an easterly wind, no waves and crystal clar blue water so you can see and avoid the rocks. The section in front of the iceberg and trampoline is actually rock-free. Unfortunately, the wind has been coming out of the south for a couple of days now creating waves and reducing visibility.

As Cozumel regulars know, you won`t find great snorkeling off a natural sand beach, though we have marked off coral heads with white and red buoys where you will find the fishies. Read the back pages of this forum, you'll find tons of info on Cozumel snorkeling.

I'm assuming with only 2 posts that your join date was March 2005 instead of 2001, and if so, welcome to the boards! You´ll find tons of info here and even a soap-opera moment or two :)

Sorry Tom...I shouldn't have used the word "negative" in my post. Simply wanted to make people aware of a dangerous condition. We entered the water for the first time just left of the trampoline and all were surprised and pained at the rocks, perhaps because the beach immediately before the water looked so good. It was a mostly cloudy day and water visibilty was poor. I'm sure on a good clear day, as you've stated, we would have seen the rock outcroppings.

As far as your prices, I'm sure you are competitive with your neighbors. We tend to go to out of the way beaches and your prices were higher than most we've been to. I'll also say again that your food was very good, as was the service.

Finally I didn't have any high expectations for snorkeling at PB (I had read the posts), just rating it compared to other places we've been for those who might be interested.

After all isn't that the point of these boards.

Ya just missed the rock free part, darn!

Thanx for clearing up the price-comparison thingy. Out of the way beaches are cheaper, but cost way more to get there so I guess it evens out in the end!

Thanx for the compliments, hopefully we´ll see you again on a better day weather-wise...adios!

Archived