Ship Tour

palmtre2

Taking my dear old dad on his first cruise for his 75th birthday and I would love for him to do the ships tour. Heck I'd love to do the ship's tour - can anyone out there tell me what goes on on the tour? I'd like to be able to judge if dad is up too it. How do you book it? We will be on the Triumph.

Taking my dear old dad on his first cruise for his 75th birthday and I would love for him to do the ships tour. Heck I'd love to do the ship's tour - can anyone out there tell me what goes on on the tour? I'd like to be able to judge if dad is up too it. How do you book it? We will be on the Triumph.
You get to go to and see areas that are not usually accessible to mere mortals - the decks where the crew eat and sleep, the bridge, the back of the main theatre, the galley (kitchen) - I am planning on doing this while on Paradise in a couple of days, and will report back what we do.

We did this on the Miracle in December, well worth the money. If doing it you book as soon as you get on the ship at the excursion desk.

We went back stage, galley, the engine control room, staff kitchen and bar, laundy, waste/ recycling area, bridge and ended up at the steakhouse. Every area we went to there was someone to give you a explanation on what goes and and plenty of chances to ask questions.

No cameras or phones are allowed but they do take photos of you with the head chef and the captain and these were delivered to us later in the day. You also come away with a few other goodies.

I took one, and really enjoyed it. I was able to sit down, thankfully, in the Engineering room, when he was answering questions.

You could also see if they have a Galley tour. It is free to everyone, and will be listed in the fun times the day before it's held.

As stated it is a lot of walking and steps. Need to be physically fit. An older lady in our group struggled and got very tired. Also you must wear closed toe shoes. Great tour , enjoyed it on the Glory.

I took the tour on Ecstasy, Steep stairs (not passenger type) up and down at times. Very hard on the knees, had aches and pains after that. Lots of standing. If there's any mobility issues, I'd not recommend it. That's easy for me to say, because I've done it and satisfied my curiosity. It is amazing what goes on behind the scenes and down in the belly of the ship.

Archived