Currently on Diamond Princess need your help

Howdy I am currently on the Diamond Princess have plenty of time to solve this little problem, but need some help and advice.

I have found something in my room C711 (an inside cabin) that I am sure the rightful owner would like to get back. It is a used roll of film. I have not reported to the purser coz they will probably discard, and would not give me the info so I could post to the person who occupied the room before us. It may have been the last cruise, but who would know. It was tucked up in the for corner of the bedside table, obviously missed by Nestor our cabin steward.

Question should I tell the Purser now or wait(I am not leaving the sip til 14th march in Singapore) and just maybe the owner is a CCer.

Hi Helen

We found one in the cnr of the tv unit when we were onboard the Ocean Princess late last year and handed it in to the pursers...they were great spoke about having it processed to see if it could be returned to owners.....shhhhhh face recognition is secret squirrel biz .....goodluck and enjoy your cruise cheers Shiona

I left an expensive DSLR camera and lens and six weeks worth of photos under my bed...never saw them again despite ringing Princess within an hour of getting off.

Put it up here and maybe send a letter to the travel pages. You could ask Princess who was the agent for the previous cabin tenant and see if you can get it back to them that way...I am sure they will be grateful to get their photos back...who still uses film???

Sue

Hi, I left my camera onboard Pacific Sun a few years ago...last place I remember was in lounge waiting to get off. At airport discovered camera missing, rang Ship straight away.. .no, it had not been handed in, told to ring land office on Monday. I was told then, yes it had been handed in, camera was posted to me and I received it on the Friday.

(I was thankful to a friend staying on ship, he was the person who handed it in.)

The company was great in their handling of my lost property.

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

Archived