MP3 or Audio cd's in suite players

H&J

Are the cd/dvd players in the suites MP3 capable or do they only play audio cd's? Also, what type of cable do you need to connect a MP3/IPOD player to the cd/dvd players?

If you have a suite with the sound system in it I connected my IPOD with a 1/8" jack in the front of the player later I connected to the back of the system to a usb connector, but I would rely on thew 1/8" jack.

The NCL rep just told me that the the cd/dvd players will only recognize the cd audio files (copies from your cd's) as opposed to a MP3 compilation. Guess that means I copy my wife's Barry Manilow etc. files. Pity me.

On the Pearl in '09, we were in the Golden Pearl Suite and I was able to hook up our MP3 player to the stereo using a 9mm stereo cord (plug into the MP3) to dual RCA (old stereo plugs, plugged into stereo aux ports). You can easily get these cords at Radio Shack or similar type stores fairly cheap. We keep a variety of cords on hand for any type of situation.

Set the stereo to aux and "Rock On!" :D

Archived