Excursion - Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel

SportsFanatic

Has anyone booked through "bestonbahamas.com" ? Really interested in the Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel. Anyone ever been to Rose Island? What kind of experience did you have? Any info appreciated- Just want to make sure their are a legit and dependable company. Thanks for any info on this.

Has anyone booked through "bestonbahamas.com" ? Really interested in the Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel. Anyone ever been to Rose Island? What kind of experience did you have? Any info appreciated- Just want to make sure their are a legit and dependable company. Thanks for any info on this.

Don't know about this specific outfit.. but Rose Island is a gorgeous unspoiled island. Seems like a good price.

It looks the these are also the same company'a website http://www.bahamastourcenter.com as well as http://www.bahamassnorkel.com as I see same tour offered. This is perfect as to what we want to do, I am just hesitant as I do not see any reviews or can find anything out about these excursions and it does seem like good price. Thanks for your help

It looks the these are also the same company'a website www.bahamastourcenter.com as well as www.bahamassnorkel.com as I see same tour offered. This is perfect as to what we want to do, I am just hesitant as I do not see any reviews or can find anything out about these excursions and it does seem like good price. Thanks for your help

These are just resellers of the same product. They have no control over the quality of the tours or anything else. Most of these outfits have never even taken the tours.

I haven't heard of any bad reviews of this tour.. and any tour that gets you to Rose Island for a few hours is a good one.

Thanks for the help. One more questions: I found a package for same price but offers Athol Island instead of Rose Island.. Are they about the same or would you recommend one over the other? This is my first time cruising and any info is appreciated. It sounds like a great time. Looking forward to it and can't wait to see the beach! Catamaran is called "Total Package" so I will see what I can find out about that.. Thanks again!!

Edited by SportsFanatic

Thanks for the help. One more questions: I found a package for same price but offers Athol Island instead of Rose Island.. Are they about the same or would you recommend one over the other? This is my first time cruising and any info is appreciated. It sounds like a great time. Looking forward to it and can't wait to see the beach! Catamaran is called "Total Package" so I will see what I can find out about that.. Thanks again!!

Rose Island is significantly more beautiful than Athol island.. but it's much closer (it's at the mouth of the harbour).. the snorkeling is not as good as it is out further as well.. although it is ok.. Athol Island tours use the sea gardens for snorkeling.. lots of fish and coral but not alot of diversity.

Rose Island has more color, coral and diversity of sea life.

If timing or $$ is an issue.. either would be a great day in Nassau.

I'm planning to go to Rose Island myself- check out Sandy Toes beach bar on Rose Island. There is a company that takes you to Sandy Toes and you get lunch included, etc. Just google search Sandy Toes Rose Island. I am trying to get a group of 6 or more who want to go on Wed. 2/29 with Captain Andy of Viking Tours. He needs 6 or more to go- takes you on his boat for $35 pp. If you are going to be there then, hop on board!

Huh, that Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel sounds like a great deal, AND it gets you to Rose Island....

I'm almost certain that it does NOT go to the area near Sandy Toes bar. The island is quite long... different tours go to different areas.. and the areas are not close to one another.

These type of tours usually go to the northwest end of the island.. where Sandy toes is in the center.. closer to the east.

Most areas do not have any amenities.. that's why the food is served on the boat.

Edited by scubagirrl

Are those areas not as nice as Sandy Toes area?

I don't really know where this tour goes???

There are some areas that have NO amenities, restrooms or even hammocks.

The Sandy Toes area has a great bar, picnic area, snorkel hut, Hammoks, restrooms, outdoor showers and marked pathways.

The beaches are ALL gorgeous.. it's the amenities, and the reef that they go to that makes them different.

Rose Island is not all gov't land. Quite a bit of it is privately owned. Most tour operators pay a "per head" charge, just to land their boat. Some operators try not to pay for their guests and use whatever beach is available.

It's hard to say.. since I don't know this particular group.

Check our ROSE Island here..

http://marinas.com/view/overview/547_Rose_Island_NP_Bahamas

Edited by scubagirrl

Hey SplortsFanatic, are you going to go with the tour? I'm thinking I might since its a half day and would give me some hours to look around Nassau. Wondered what you decided!

Yes, I am- Originally, the excursion I was looking at was 3 hrs with just the snorkeling for same price. When I found this with the lunch and beach time, I was all for it.. Really wanted to go to beach so this is all extra and sounds great!

• 2 months later...

Hi, Did you end going on the Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel? Just wanted to know because we are thinking of the same one, but are unable to find any reviews. Please let me know how it went. Thanks.

Hi, Did you end going on the Bahamas Paradise Ocean Snorkel? Just wanted to know because we are thinking of the same one, but are unable to find any reviews. Please let me know how it went. Thanks.

I had found a couple reviews where people went and said how awesome it was. Unfortunately, we did not go as it was raining the whole time we were there- But if you do go, let me know for next time..

• 1 year later...