First Time "Dream"ers!

stephaniekleinn

HI guys, we're heading off on our first Disney cruise on the Dream in a couple of weeks. I'm traveling with four kids between the ages of 2-8 what do I need to know. I keep seeing people talk about getting tickets for shows as soon as you get on board. Where/what/why?

Anyone have any experience traveling with a two year old? I believe he has to be in a different nursery than the rest of the kids...if thats the case we'll keep him with us for the most part, we're also traveling with two grandmas so sitting shouldn't be an issue.

What do we need to do, see, etc.....we've saved up so long and I've read a lot of things but I just want to hear everything!

Thanks!

Stephanie

No need for tickets for the shows on the Dream. Aquaduck is a blast, but the lines are sometimes long. You need to be at least 42" to ride with an adult...or 54" to ride alone. Prepare the younger kids as they might be upset that they cannot ride. It's more fun with a child and an adult...as the heavier the raft...the faster it will go. There is the mickey slide which has a 38" height requirement...and there is also a tiny stingray slide in the Nemo's Reef area for the little ones.

Pirate costumes for pirate night are fun too! Make sure to see the fireworks on pirate night...along with the pirate show...this is around 10:30pm.

The kids will probably also enjoy the Midship Detective Agency where you go around the ship finding clues in the "moving" paintings.

Have fun!!!

Spend an evening on deck after dinner watching a movie in the pool. My boys loved this more than the shows. We saw every show and loved them all but it is hard to have dinner and see the show without feeling rushed. One evening skip the show and just order room service and hit the pool. No one is there at that time and it is such a treat to have the place to yourself.

If the musical comedian, John Charles is still on when you guys go, do not miss him.

Put the kids in the nursery for part of the castaway cay day and head out to the adult beach. I wish we spent more time there.

Archived