The only thing I didn't like about the Westerdam....

Rosarymb

....was the service in the Photo Gallery. One thing I had planned to do was download my chip each night (I had 2, a 256 MG and the puny 32 MG that came with the camera), and build a scrapbook as we went along. I downloaded my chips at the PC on Monday morning, and didn't get the pictures back until after 7 on Thursday! Considering I printed off 58 digital pictures at Walmart last night and paid for them in the space of about 20 minutes, that 3 day time lapse was way too long. I wish for the sake of customer service that they would put in a kiosk where you would put in your ship's card, insert the memory stick, and have it automatically print out the pictures. I would have hit up the kiosk every day.

When I asked the guy why my pictures weren't ready (they only promised next day turn around, but this was late on the next day) his big response was a five second look in the drawer followed by a "don't know, come back tomorrow." Came back the next morning, and it was "come back tomorrow." Thursday (with the receipts disintergrating), they had one, and couldn't find the pictures from the second chip. The girl behind the counter wasn't inclined to look for it, either, and told me to come back later (it's not like there was a line or anything). I planted both feet and told her to look again. She went back in the drawer and found it in about 5 seconds. I now wonder if the pictures were there that first time I went back, and they just didn't look very hard.

Now, I know they make their money off the portraits (which we bought 5 of), and that's where they make their money. But let's make it easier for those of us who also shoot our own pictures, okay? These were pictures inside the room, my dad in the Crow's nest, etc., not portrait wannabes....

I did love the Westerdam and my trip, but the next time, I'm bringing my own photo printer unless they've got a kiosk.

Archived