My time dining on Serenade of the Seas

I read a recent member review of the my time dining on Serenade and they said you should make reservations for the "my time dining" or you will be waiting a long time....well that's weird because the reason we are choosing to dine this way is so we won't have to have a reserved time and can show up when we want. We don't mind waiting a few minutes but I would like to know others experiences when dining the "my time" way. We have done this for the last 3 or 4 years on other cruiselines and love it - is RCCL going to be any different? Thanks for any comments.

i always make a reservation...however, when i sailed Serenade, i don't recall hearing anything about excessive waits..nor did i really see big crowds...yes you will probably have to wait a while....but most likely not more than about 15 minutes

I was going to post a similar question. We are going on Serenade in June round the Med and considering my time dining. We went on Freedom 3 years ago and just turned up at the dining room when we were ready to eat - like yourself, around 7.30 to 8.00 ish and we were seated more or less immediately. We don't want to prebook times as we don't know how we will feel on the day! We might even want to do Windjammer for a change.

I chose to book times (different) most days to ensure a table together, as we are travelling with 8 people and wanted to make sure we wouldn't be waiting a long time. With that said, is it easy to change the time and does it have to be done 24 hours in advance?

I sailed the Serenade in February and did MTD. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. My big complaint was having our table, and section in the dining room changed every day. We chose the same dining time each day and had reservations in advance.

I sailed the Serenade in February and did MTD. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. My big complaint was having our table, and section in the dining room changed every day. We chose the same dining time each day and had reservations in advance.

So you are saying - you did have reservations everyday and still had to wait around 5 minutes?

I read a recent member review of the my time dining on Serenade and they said you should make reservations for the "my time dining" or you will be waiting a long time....well that's weird because the reason we are choosing to dine this way is so we won't have to have a reserved time and can show up when we want. We don't mind waiting a few minutes but I would like to know others experiences when dining the "my time" way. We have done this for the last 3 or 4 years on other cruiselines and love it - is RCCL going to be any different? Thanks for any comments.

We use MTD to get the time we like to eat 7:15 to 7:30 as 6:30 is too early and 8:00 too late. If I book in advance we will get the same table everyday. I book them in advance but then when we see the compass if we want to change I call and change. If my new request seems unavailable then I cancel and we walk up. Generally we wait 5 to 15 minutes for walk up. Unless its after day 2. By then we've become regulars with the receptionist and things just seem to go well because they recognize us as regulars. My suggestion is to book your ideal time to eat dinner and then change as needed.

We just returned from Serenade and had My Time Dining as well. We never made reservations and went whenever group of 7 of us were ready. We never waited more than 10 minutes for table, though table location changed each night the wait staff remained the same the entire week. We would definitely us again.

We just returned from Serenade and had My Time Dining as well. We never made reservations and went whenever group of 7 of us were ready. We never waited more than 10 minutes for table, though table location changed each night the wait staff remained the same the entire week. We would definitely us again.

Thank you - that's what I wanted to hear!! I really want to avoid having to make reservations so I'm just not going to make them and go with the flow! Hope you had a great cruise!!

Archived