NCL Spirit - aka Superstar Leo

Excellent! Now I really can't wait! Have they been on any of the newer NCL ships (Star/Dawn)? I'm just wondering how it compares. The photos on maritimematters sure do look good and that's why I selected this ship over the Sun and Star for our upcoming Alaska cruise. Did your folks say anything specific?

They took a tour of the ship - said the atrium was outstanding, they have a balcony and were very pleased! It's been a while since they have been on newer ships - but said the ship is nicer the last two cruises they've been on (both NCL - but the first was early 80's SS Norway) and they loved that ship back then. Waiting to here how the rest of their experience turns out - service, food, and excursions....

I just saw it docked in Seattle tonight as I was taking a ferry across the sound into Seattle. It was all lit up and looked like it will be fun. I envied those onboard - I won't be cruising until August :-(

Brunolvr, I think travellady's right; the Spirit left late last night, between 8 and 9 Seattle time; I was watching on the Space Needle cam here at 11-12pm EDT. The Star is there now, but I believe she arrived sometime this morning; the dock was empty for hours after the Spirit left, if you check the time lapse view. icon_smile.gif

http://www.spaceneedle.com/webcam/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeartofTexas:

Just received a phone call from the NCL Spirit. My folks are getting ready to leave Seattle for a 7 day to Alaska inside passage.

They said the ship is BEAUUUTTTTIIFFFULLLLL!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you parents indicate why the Spirit was so late in leaving Seattle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brunolvr:

Okay, thanks, I stand corrected. Do you know why the Spirit was so late in leaving Seattle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be an excellent question! icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brunolvr:

Okay, thanks, I stand corrected. Do you know why the Spirit was so late in leaving Seattle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were late leaving the first week too. I think it was after 6:00 when we finally left, right behind Princess and HAL. No reason was given. I've been on 14 cruises now and not one of them has left on time.

Re: brunolvr - ...why left so late..?" - no idea when they actually left - when I spoke with them it was around 4pm and they felt like they would be leaving soon. I told them too bad - leaving the pier at night in Seattle is worth the sight alone - I love looking at the downtown light on a clear, crisp night! So from what everyone is saying they got to see it after all!!! I hope so.

Archived