Captain's Circle LInked with "Stranger"

AJs Grandpa

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I thought I'd share a weird experience.

Today DW and I received identical marketing brochures--one each. In addition to being wasteful, there was something that really irritated me. The brochure addressed to me also had the name--and CC number--of a person who previously lived in our home. We bought the home from his ex-wife over three years ago and have been fighting off bill collectors looking for him ever since. The last thing I want is to be linked with him in any way.

I called the Princess Captain's Circle department. The rep was helpful and told me she would immediately correct the record. I'll be monitoring future mailings to be sure it is done. I didn't waste time asking how it happened, but I imagine someone did a data "bump" and matched his old address to ours.

Thought I'd pass this along so others can be aware of the possiblity of being linked to someone unsavory.

Wow, sorry to hear about the link to someone else no longer living in your household.

As for linking you and DW, my DW and I only get one set of mailings. Before we were married, we lived in different houses, so we got them individually to our homes. Once we got married (she changed her name) then the two mailings became one - how romantic, right?

Well, good luck to you. I hope it will be fixed as you requested.

Archived