Road to hana & luau

scordovi

I'm looking for an excursion that goes to road to hana and ends with Luau or a road to hana excursion that comes back early enough to go to Luau. I really want to do both. Any suggestions?

We are booked (with Valley Isle Excursions) for the Road to Hana tour in April. As this tour (if you are booking a tour and not driving yourself) normally starts around 7:30 am and goes for about 9.5 hours it may not be possible to do a Luau. Most Luau's start around 5:00 pm. You will probably have to choose one or the other.

We are booked (with Valley Isle Excursions) for the Road to Hana tour in April. As this tour (if you are booking a tour and not driving yourself) normally starts around 7:30 am and goes for about 9.5 hours it may not be possible to do a Luau. Most Luau's start around 5:00 pm. You will probably have to choose one or the other.

We are also going in April. Are you crusing? What is your departure date? Which ship?

We are on the Pride of America which departs on 4/21.

We are driving the Road to Hana ourselves and it will take a whole day. We have decided to do the Luau in Kauai on our first day. Taking a airplane tour in the morning and going with Roberts Tours for Smith Family Luau. We don't want to rent a car and drive tothe Luau.....want to drink Mai Tias:p

We are also going in April. Are you crusing? What is your departure date? Which ship?

We are on the Pride of America which departs on 4/21.

Debbie, We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) boarding in Honolulu on the 22. We will be in Maui April 25 & 26. It was a choice of Road to Hana or a luau on the 25th so we chose Hana. We have a few days in Honolulu before boarding so I hope we will do all the things we can't do in one day in other ports, such as a luau, shopping, hiking a volcano and sightseeing.

What is your itinerary?

Have you been to Hawaii before?

This will be our first time :) :)

Debbie, We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) boarding in Honolulu on the 22. We will be in Maui April 25 & 26. It was a choice of Road to Hana or a luau on the 25th so we chose Hana. We have a few days in Honolulu before boarding so I hope we will do all the things we can't do in one day in other ports, such as a luau, shopping, hiking a volcano and sightseeing.

What is your itinerary?

Have you been to Hawaii before?

This will be our first time :) :)

This is our first time to Hawaii also.....wanted to see it all and thought this cruise would be the best thing. We arrive on Thursday afternooon and plan to have dinner at Shorebird. Friday - Tour with Aina Tours - Circle Island We board on Sat. 4/21

Sunday - Maui - Drive Road to Hana ourselves

Monday Maui - Sunrise on Haleakala and then????

Tuesday and Wednesday - Hilo and Kona - Tour with MaryLou's Tours

Thursday - Kauai - Airplane tour with Wings Over Hawaii then Smith Family Luau with Roberts Tours (wanted some one else to drive)

Friday - Kauai - hang on beach till be have to leave around 2:30

Saturday - Honolulu - Rented a car - hike Diamond Head and then try to find Turtle Beach and Shrimp Truck

How about you?

This is our first time to Hawaii also.....wanted to see it all and thought this cruise would be the best thing. We arrive on Thursday afternooon and plan to have dinner at Shorebird. Friday - Tour with Aina Tours - Circle Island We board on Sat. 4/21

Sunday - Maui - Drive Road to Hana ourselves

Monday Maui - Sunrise on Haleakala and then????

Tuesday and Wednesday - Hilo and Kona - Tour with MaryLou's Tours

Thursday - Kauai - Airplane tour with Wings Over Hawaii then Smith Family Luau with Roberts Tours (wanted some one else to drive)

Friday - Kauai - hang on beach till be have to leave around 2:30

Saturday - Honolulu - Rented a car - hike Diamond Head and then try to find Turtle Beach and Shrimp Truck

How about you?

Debbie,

Looks like you've done your research! After reading great reviews for Marylou's tours I tried to get them for Kona but they were booked! My one concern is the tendering in Maui...I've heard that they are quite slow.

Here's our itinerary:

Arrive in Honolulu - Apr 16 - have reservations with Hawaii23 for transport to our hotel.

We've booked a Waikiki condo for 6 days using VRBO - (vacation rentals by owner) after reading recommendations on Trip Advisor. Great price, much cheaper than just a room.

Then we have 6 days to do whatever we want. Several things are on the list: Hike Diamond Head, Dole Pineapple Plantation, Circle Island Tour, Aquarium, maybe a luau, shopping and just enjoying being where it's warm and beautiful!

Apr 22 - board ship :)

Apr 23 - leave Honolulu at 11 pm

Apr 24 - Kauai - rent a vehicle and explore Waimea Canyon

Apr 25 - Maui/Lahaina - Road to Hana tour with Valley Isle Excursions

Apr 26 - Browse around Lahaina

Apr 27 - Kailua Kona - was hoping to get a tour with Marylou's but they are booked.

Not sure yet what we will do...but we are open for suggestions...

Apr 27 - Evening sail (Midnight) by MT. Kilauea which I have heard is currently active - very excited about seeing that!

Apr 28 - Hilo - an all day ship's tour: Hilo and Kilauea Volcano; Jaggar Museum,

Thurston Lava Tube, Macadamia Nut Factory, Lunch at Nani MauGardens, Rainbow Falls and Liliuokalani Gardens.

Then it's a 5 day sail back to Vancouver, BC. which we will enjoy too! We were on the Radiance last May for a 5 day San Diego to Vancouver cruise, just before she went in for a major renovations, so it will be interesting to see all the changes. We booked this tour March of last year...when did you book your tour? Are you sailing or flying home?

Debbie,

Looks like you've done your research! After reading great reviews for Marylou's tours I tried to get them for Kona but they were booked! My one concern is the tendering in Maui...I've heard that they are quite slow.

Here's our itinerary:

Arrive in Honolulu - Apr 16 - have reservations with Hawaii23 for transport to our hotel.

We've booked a Waikiki condo for 6 days using VRBO - (vacation rentals by owner) after reading recommendations on Trip Advisor. Great price, much cheaper than just a room.

Then we have 6 days to do whatever we want. Several things are on the list: Hike Diamond Head, Dole Pineapple Plantation, Circle Island Tour, Aquarium, maybe a luau, shopping and just enjoying being where it's warm and beautiful!

Apr 22 - board ship :)

Apr 23 - leave Honolulu at 11 pm

Apr 24 - Kauai - rent a vehicle and explore Waimea Canyon

Apr 25 - Maui/Lahaina - Road to Hana tour with Valley Isle Excursions

Apr 26 - Browse around Lahaina

Apr 27 - Kailua Kona - was hoping to get a tour with Marylou's but they are booked.

Not sure yet what we will do...but we are open for suggestions...

Apr 27 - Evening sail (Midnight) by MT. Kilauea which I have heard is currently active - very excited about seeing that!

Apr 28 - Hilo - an all day ship's tour: Hilo and Kilauea Volcano; Jaggar Museum,

Thurston Lava Tube, Macadamia Nut Factory, Lunch at Nani MauGardens, Rainbow Falls and Liliuokalani Gardens.

Then it's a 5 day sail back to Vancouver, BC. which we will enjoy too! We were on the Radiance last May for a 5 day San Diego to Vancouver cruise, just before she went in for a major renovations, so it will be interesting to see all the changes. We booked this tour March of last year...when did you book your tour? Are you sailing or flying home?

We booked our tour last summer. We are from Chicago, so we will be flying home....ugh! How nice to stay those extra days in a condo!!

Archived