nibbles

travelingwithdad

Travelingwithdad, I'm glad to see I'm not traveling alone to Bermuda. This will be my first trip on the Horizon. I have been on the Century before and loved it. This will also be my first trip to Bermuda. I have not decided what I'll be doing yet but I'm pretty sure I will be buying a bus pass. I probably will not do any ship excursions. I have been on enough cruises to do them on my on. How many are in your group? My husband, mother and two children and one childs friend are going with me. The children are 13, 17, 17. They have all cruised before and can pretty much take care of themselves or at least think they can.

When I figure out what I'm going to do I'll let you know. Also, Norfolk is the first port I can easily drive to-3 hours. I'm excited about not having to fly.

It's just going to be me and my dad. I'm leaving the wife and kids at home.:):(

He (my father) has taken my other brothers out on vacations; now it's my turn for a little father-son time.

Lucky for me Norfolk is only about 30 min away. THis is my first cruise, but I don't think I'll be doing any of the ship excursions either. Buss passes seem to be the way to go and I'm already looking forward to a rum swizzle.

Someone had a money saving tip in regard to the crystal caves; basically that the grotto bay resort near the swizzle inn has the same types of caves and such for free.

Anyways, I'm still looking for info.

Do you know if those roll call parties are worth getting the people for it?

:cool:

Bus Passes are definetely the way to go. I think it's 25.00 pp for a three day pass (maybe 27, i forgot).

Highly recommend the Swizzle Inn. Horseshoe Bay is also a high recommend, and trust me, you'll want to spend the $1.00 for the cab ride up to the top of the hill when the day's done, lol

I don't know when you are going to Bermuda, but if it is in the Summer, I would NOT recommend the bus pass. It gets extremely hot and the first time I went to Bermuda I bought 2 of the 3-day passes (one for myself and one for my grandmother) and the heat was so bad we didn't use them. Taxis are not very expensive and you can always find someone going to the beach to share a ride with. Just something to think about since you will also be having someone older with you.

Have Fun! ......Terry

Cab Fares increased by about 20% on 9/1/2004. They are more pricey than most US cities but still a good way to get around. The bus work well except when its very very hot. Also in the Dockyard a free shuttle bus runs between the ship, the stores and where cabs are---(hint many cabs by the ships are pre reserved better chance of getting them by the stores)...

It gets extremely hot and the first time I went to Bermuda I bought 2 of the 3-day passes (one for myself and one for my grandmother) and the heat was so bad we didn't use them.

Did your bus have a/c? Most of the buses have air conditioning so it is not too bad travelling in them. There are a handful of the older buses still in operation that don't have a/c so maybe you were on one of those.

I don't know when you are going to Bermuda, but if it is in the Summer, I would NOT recommend the bus pass. It gets extremely hot

I was on busses 6 times and 4 times the bus had a/c, one time it wasn't needed and the other time it was broken (so said the driver)

Archived