Dnner Suggestions - Hamilton??

danaps

My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary with a sail on the JOS and will be docked overnight in Bermuda on our actual anniversary day.

Can anyone recommend a nice place to have a romantic dinner - this is a SUnday so I don't know if that matters. We would like to eat in Hamilton, as we have heard very nice things about that area.

Thanks everyone! :)

What kind of budget are you looking at for dinner? Bermuda can be very $$$ so I'll need to know what you're willing to spend.

Will you be docked in Hamilton? Bermuda has three ports: St Georges, Hamilton and Dockyards (King's Wharf). If you're not docked at Hamilton there'll be some extra expense to get to the restaurant.

Sunday is a bit of a problem as some restaurants aren't open on Sunday. Once I have an idea of your budget . . . etc. I'll be able to let you know what's open Sunday that'll fit the bill. :)

We will dock at King's Wharf and don't mind the expense to travel over to Hamilton. Since it's our anniversary, the budget is large for dinner - so a $$$ is fine.

Thanks for the help.:)

Okay, between myself and a Bermudian lady we came up with a list of "Restaurants to have an anniversary at with good water views". Problem is we're not sure if all of them are open on Sunday so you'll have to check. For an annviersary you also want someplace that is fairly quiet and intimate, this eliminates some hotel restaurants as during the summer they can be packed.

Only one of them is in Hamilton. Unlike most other places in the world the really good restaurants generally don't operate within the city: its pretty crowded, can be noisy, and doesn't offer views comparable with other areas (like the South Shore). There are no large hotels near Hamilton, except the Hamilton Princess, for the same reason.

That said here are the top 5 picks for an anniversary dinner (in order of the Bermudian lady's preference):

1) Tom Moore's Tavern: www.tommoores.com Don't be fooled by 'Tavern' in its name, it's very upscale. I've never eaten there but my friend loves it. Downside: its near the Crystal Caves, the farthest of the five restaurants from King's Wharf.

2) Aqua at Ariel Sand's resort (resort owned by Michael Douglas's family, I've even seen him there a couple of times) www.arielsands.com

3) Sapori: www.primaverarestaurant.com (for some reason the website was down but hopefully they'll fix it soon). This restaurant is currently the 'hot restaurant' in Bermuda and everyone seems to love it. It's not right on the water though but has a wonderful view of the ocean. Would also be the cheapest of the five restaurants (entrees $18-25) and likely to be busy. If the link still isn't fixed you can contact them by calling (441) 236-7201.

4) Waterloo House http://www.waterloohouse.com This is the one in Hamilton. Sophisticated dining and has an excellent wine list.

5) Cafe Lido at the Elbow Beach Hotel: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/534000040.asp I know I said that hotel restaurants would be too packed but for view this place was #1 as it was right on Elbow Beach - too close unfortunately as it was completely destroyed by Hurricane Fabian in 2003! It reopened just last week though! We have it fifth because no one has been there yet to try it out but the original Lido was excellent.

Hope that helped. Let us know what you went with an how it turned out. :)

Thank you so much. We are going to look at the web site and make a choice, however they all sound wonderful.

We will let you know of our experience upon our return. Thanks again.

Danaps,

Swizzle and other had given me some great locations to take my wife to dinner. We will be in Bermuda 5/9-12. :D After intensive research, :rolleyes: I’m planning to take my wife to dinner at the Waterloo House. :p I’ll let you know what I think of the food, service, and overall environment.

Having dinner al fresco with candlelight’s on the tables, and over looking the harbour is very appealing. :)

Bob

• 5 months later...

Well, the ship did not stay overnight in Bermuda, we only had one day there, so we went to Tuscany for luch and had a teriffic meal out on the balcony overlooking the Bay. It was just beautiful and the food was terrific.

Thanks for all the great advice and we will be back in July!

Debie

Well, the ship did not stay overnight in Bermuda, we only had one day there, so we went to Tuscany for luch and had a teriffic meal out on the balcony overlooking the Bay. It was just beautiful and the food was terrific.

Thanks for all the great advice and we will be back in July!

Debie

When you return, consider dinner on the beach at The Reefs resort. Extremely romantic and top notch service & food. The views from their private beach are beautiful.

Cruisin&Relaxin

• 2 months later...

Waterloo House is our selection too. It's in Hamilton and only a short walk to the left after leaving the ship. We sometimes go there for afternoon tea. It's very British.

MeBob

Archived