My week on the Grand 3/17 to 3/24

lovezepplin

We were on the same sailing and my comments would echo these nearly exactly.

We did do a few dinners in the MDR (non-formal nights). I have some food allergies that were not only worked with, but deliciously accommodated. I was really impressed in light of my experience in local restaurants.

Our steward was friendly, but not pushy at all. We asked for extra beach towels in our room, no rush, and they were there the next time we returned to our room. The room was very clean.

I would also note how impressed I was at the cleanliness of the pools. The age demographic was, I'd guess, 50 plus (this noted re. amount of use of the pools), but they were noticeably clean.

I don't think our bed was new, but it was comfortable. A softer mattress than we have at home though.

I agree re. MUTS. Last year on the Crown we watched quite a few movies, this time we only watched Moneyball and generally, I would say the loungers were less full during MUTS.

As with everything, it's what you make it. We had a great cruise!

Thanks for the review. I leave this saturday (31st) on the Grand. This will be our 4th cruise with Princess and second with Grand. I must say, and maybe this is because I have no other experience to compare to, but I am always pleased with Princess Cruise. What a HUGE operation! I have always felt taken care of and I love the many options for entertainment or relaxing! I always meet great people. My only "not so good" experience with Princess in the airport pick up and drop off in NYC. Ft. Lauderdale has that down to a T put NYC people need some organization. Other than that, I can be patient knowing I am about to embark on a journey away!!!

Thanks for all the tips and postings. (I am new on here).

Archived