Top Shuttle Miami - late/stressful experience

Scorp100

Hi!

Just off of the Ruby yesterday. Great vacation with the kids!

I hope to help you learn from my mistake. We used our CC miles to get our flight, except we could only go to/from Miami using the United Miles (now we have Venture CC and can fly any airlines!) So we had to find a way to FT. Lauderdale.

UAL kept bumping our flight later and later so we couldn't take the train, which was a very economical choice. So, I thought it would be relaxing to have a nice shuttle to ourselves instead of a cramped taxi to go to/from Miami airport to Port Everglades.

I found Top Shuttle, their prices were more than a taxi, but not much. The Miami pick up and ride to our hotel by the port was good. The driver used the express lanes and it took no time.

However, the trip back to Miami after the cruise was stressful. Our 11 am flight out of Miami means we had not a lot of time. We arranged for a 9 am pickup at the port. The driver was to call when he was close and would swing by and quickly take us to the airport in stress free comfort.

When I talked to the driver he said he was in traffic and will be 15 to 20 minutes late. Bummer!

(OK, so I have a job as a Home Inspector, I drive to different cities all the time, they have this thing called traffic news, and/or news radio, they report delays so you won't be late. You would think a shuttle service would know of these things!!!!)

So here we are standing next to 50 taxis, waiting for our Top Shuttle driver that apparently listens to music instead of traffic reports! Unfortunately, the tip is already calculated into the price!! I was talking to the manager of Top Shuttle on my cell and said we are getting in a taxi at 9:30, we can't wait any longer, and that's when the driver finally showed up. Then instead of taking the express lane, he drives most of the way in the slow lanes until I mentioned to my wife that we are in the slow lanes. I guess he heard me. The van felt like it was going to shake apart! I looked at the speedometer, we were doing 65 in a 65 mph zone. My guess is, if the van went faster it would completely fall apart.

We were so stressed out, but made it to our flight.

Don't use Top Shuttle if you are in a hurry.:mad:

Archived