price drops

PapaJoe71

Can anyone explain how price drops work for a newbie?

I am not cruising until 2/18/13. I have 2 cabins booked for 7 of us. We are also traveling with a group of family and friend should be about 20 to 30 of us.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=papajoe71&date=2-18-2013&text=cant wait&ship=Carnival Miracle

First, you need to know what rate you booked (i.e. - Early Saver, Past Guest, etc....)

Second, you need to know the exact cabin category you are booked in (not just Interior or OceanView or Balcony). Each of those categories have a subset of categories. The easiest way to figure it out is to google your ships deck plans (don't use Carnival's site. Their's is no good). Find you deck, then your room number and compare the color of the room to the Legend, which will say exactly what it is (i.e. - 6E, 8D, 4A, etc....)

Third, you need to know your "CRUISE RATE." You can find this on your billing page on Carnival's website. This is the total you are paying for everyone in your cabin, but not including taxes, prepaid gratuities.

Now, you can go to the Fare Viewer (http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer). Plug in the info, then it will list the categories and their current prices. Remember, you must tally up everyone in your cabin as a whole. You can't look at rates individually. If your category is showing as lower than you paid, and you did book Early Saver (ES), AND you booked directly, not through a TA, you can submit this form (http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx), then sit back and wait to see if they approve it.

If you did NOT book ES, but you haven't reached final payment deadline, you can call the 800 number and in most instances they will give you the price drop. But after you reach final payment, you no longer get obc. You can sometimes try for an upgrade but that's about it.

Lastly, if you booked through a TA, then you cannot submit the form or call Carnival. They will only deal with your TA.

Archived