maho beach flight times

Mr. Tricky

A lot of the posts here say that the larger flights to Maho arrive later in the afternoon. After much searching I found that at least some of the big planes get there earlier.

It was difficult to find the info. The airports website only shows a 3 day window. Flight tracker web sites were not much help. I found the info by trying to book flights to SXM from the US and Europe. BTW, several 737's and an A320 arrive from the US throughout the day.

My question is, does it look like my info for the lager planes is accurate or am I not factoring in a time change? Arrival times displayed when booking usually are shown as local so I assume the following is correct.

Flights are for 04/10/12

KLM flight 785 Boeing 747 from Amsterdam landing at 11:20 am

Alitalia flight 343 (operated by Air France) Airbus 340 from Paris landing at 1:20 pm

Yes that would be local time. There appear to be more larger planes landing after 12 noon - like the big Air France airbus - than before which is probably why posts usually refer to p.m. as the better time to arrive.....although the KLM does land in the am. as you noted. But takes off again early afternoon! Quite a blast! You've probably seen the flight schedule below? Even though it's only for the one day it's probably fairly typical of the daily activity there?

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

Archived