Tourlos Pier in Mykonos with Agios beach - questions

World Gallery

I found out today that we are docking at the newer pier in Tourlos in June, 2PM - 9PM. We are on the NCL Spirit. I located the pier on Google maps so now I finally have a visual of where we are in relation to the beaches and the town Mykonos (Chora). Does anyone know if NCL will provide a shuttle from the pier into town and if so, does it run all day? If not, how do you get into town?

We would like to go to town for a few hours, just to explore and maybe do a walking tour and then go back to the pier and walk to Agios Stefanos Beach, which seems to be withing walking distance of the cruise pier (anyone walk this route?). Any comments on Agios beach with kids?

Also, is it better to do the beach first then town or vice versa? Thanks.

We will be on that same cruise. Is that not the normal pier where the ships usually port? How did u find this out? We are doing the stop on out own do this info is helpful.

I had to call NCL directly and ask. From what I have read on these boards, there are 3 possible options - tender into a pier that is in town, dock at the old pier which is down town, or dock at the newer pier in Tourlos. On Google maps, it says that Tourlos is 2.1km and 5 min away but NCL said it was a 30 minute drive. Maybe NCL provides a shuttle (the person had no idea) and the total time to board the shuttle, etc, is 30 min., but I don't know.

To see the pier on Google Maps, put in "Pros Neo Limani, Mykonos, Greece", not Tourlos. This will get you right to the newer pier that NCL will dock at. If you put Google maps on the satellite version and zoom in, you will see a big cruise ship docked. If you zoom out and scroll over to Chora (Mykonos town, where everyone seems to go when in Mykonos), you will see the other cruise pier. Wish we were at that pier!

From Google maps, I could see that the closer beach to Tourlos pier was Agios Stefanos, which seems like walking distance. I guess it will depend on the transportation options but we are hoping to go into town and then this beach or vice versa.

NCL only has 3 ship excursion options and they are all expensive. I sure hope they offer a shuttle!

Oh OK. Thanks for the info. If there's a shuttle bus we will catch that into town. Cruise around in town for a bit. I want to try to go to Paradise beach. They say there's a frequent bus that stops there from town. Wanted to hang out there for a couple hours then head back. I'm just concerned about cruising through town in the morning because I'm not sure when the shops will open.

We have been to Mykonos several times, and there has always been shuttle buses. Some cruise lines provide free transportation - others not! It's also possible to walk - it takes less than 30 min.

Walking to the beach takes less than 10 min.

Screwcork

• 1 month later...
We have been to Mykonos several times, and there has always been shuttle buses. Some cruise lines provide free transportation - others not! It's also possible to walk - it takes less than 30 min.

Walking to the beach takes less than 10 min.

Screwcork

hi - we are on the equinox in 3 weeks and plan on going some shopping in the town...see the windmills etc and then spending some time at the beach. Is the beach 10 mins walking distance from town or the pier? do you recall what the beach is called - thank you

Archived