Victor Bodden Tours & Zipline

bdziewit

A little background first - I will be cruising with DH, 3 kids 15, 8 & 4 and my inlaws. I was thinking about booking VB for a tour day with the zipline that they offer. My inlaws will stay with my 4 year old while the rest of us do the zip line. I am just afraid that my 8 year old won't like it or won't be able to handle the height. My question is - if he doesn't like it or is terrified, is there a way to get him down. I would sit out the rest if necessary, I am just worried that once we are up - no way to get off until we finish. Any help or advice would be appreciated. BTW, I have shown him youtube videos of it, and he thinks it is cool. I am just worried that once he sees it in person it won't be so cool anymore.

We did the Bodden zip line last January with our 6 and 9 year old children. My 6 year old was nervous too but he did a tandem with my husband and my daughter and I did one for the first zip line. So, that helped a lot. Maybe you can try that out first. You can also try watching the others zip line which may ease his nerves and hopefully there are other kids in your group or ziplining too.

I've read that these zip lines are not as high as the others. After the first line, I'm not really sure how they can bring anyone down. The guides were really helpful though so I'm sure they can find a way down if necessary. You can also email Victor Bodden to see what they do in these situations. He's really good with answering emails.

I wrote about our zip line adventure here --> http://www.theworldisabook.com/5853/roatan-with-kids-zip-line-adventure/

Good luck! It was so fun!

Thank you very much for the link. I showed it to my son and he can't wait. I think he will be ok. I also emailed Victor. He said that he can go tandem if necessary. Also told me that there is a smaller one that even my 4 year old can go on, tandem, if she wants to. They are all excited.

Victor is wonderful and answers his emails so quickly! We LOVED our VB Tour! I have no doubt that they will accommodate you in any fashion should you encounter a problem. All of his workers are very friendly! Victor was there at the port when we got into our private excursion van. He also was at his house where the zipline and zoo are located and we talked to him for a while! He is very proud of his island and rightly so...it's absolutely beautiful and our favorite port on the itinerary!

Archived