Oasis next week! 1st time RC cruiser seeking advice

:)

I've been looking thru the boards tonight for some specifics on the spa-and I've mostly read negative ?!?! Anyone with a positive spa experience and pricing?

Next we will be on deck 11. I let a friend take care of my booking and truly regret not booking a JS or above. Any last min upgrade suggestions?

I'm a writer and laid back cruiser-with that in mind; where would you advise me to go for peace and quiet ?

Very interested to see the hype for myself and meet the wonderful crew members! Thanks all in advance for your thoughts

Cheers

I get a Hot Stone Massage on every cruise and I wouldn't miss it. I love that they are longer than a normal massage. They are expensive, as in about $200 with tip, but I am worth it! I don't get hassled about buying extra stuff because on the questionnaire they give you before the treatment I don't mark or write anything negative.....I am totally relaxed, no health problems, no skin issues, etc.. And if she still says something after the massage (which is rare) I tell her nicely that I have bought a ton of their products in the past and don't need anything at this time. I have never had a masseuse who persisted....after all you haven't paid yet or given her a tip, so she doesn't want to offend you.

I have done a very few port day specials, but generally the specials are combination treatments, like a mini facial and manicure, or a foot massage and a scalp massage.....all things I am not interested in. I guess I am kind of picky what I want. :)

As for upgrades, we have asked many times at embarkation and they have never had anything available. I guess we will keep asking and maybe someday we will be able to get a nice upgrade at the pier.

As for writing, I would be on my balcony. It's the most reliable private, quiet area. Sometimes the solarium is nice and quiet but there is still a fair amount of hustle and bustle going on in there. The Viking Crown Lounge used to be a great place to go for peace and a nice view of the ocean but as the ships get bigger and less open to the ocean it seems it's gotten busier, but still a nice spot. If I were you I would spend some time exploring the many lounges and it's likely you will find a spot just right for you.

Have a great cruise....I am sure you will.

Archived