Thank you for info on Lisbon transport

I wish to say a big "Thank You" to the person who posted this information below-sadly I didn't keep WHO it was from just the directions.

They are clear directions to get tickets to use the trams etc all day when you get off at the cruise stop near the bridge.

...............................................................................................

From the ship, walk straight out, keep to the right and follow the grey/black fence

You will see a pedestrian underpass and train tracks ahead. Go down the steps into the underpass (it looks a bit creepy but seems perfectly safe) and come up on the last exit on the left.

Exit to the street, turn right and continue straight ahead and you will see on the corner a small silver colored “store” news stand.

You can buy the daily pass (7”Colinas) for about 4.50 euros at this little silver colored shop. (We paid 11 euros for 2 tickets, all day tram, metro or bus from this news stand)Then turn right and Catch bus #28* or #15; in town get off at Praca dos Comercio(which is the esplanade at the river and is the beginning of the shopping street(there were roadworks here so the trams were not stopping at this particular stop) . OR you can continue on into Praca de Figueira where trams/ buses #12,15, 28 arrive and depart from. (There's a display board which shows when the next tram will arrive in real time,)

...................................................................................................................................

we did our own thing in Lisbon and saved a good amount by doing this, although I would say I am one for doing tours from the ship as well-yes I know they are expensive but unless I know the port or have clear instructions we don't go it alone.

We caught the tram to the Belem area first and stopped at the Pasteis de Belem on the way back towards the town centre of Lisbon, a lovely shop with fantastic pastries! Then on & off trams new & old to get around the streets of Lisbon.

Again thank you to that person who made our day great! :)

Archived