Junior suite

We're booked on the Adventure for 2/2006 so I have plenty of time to properly enjoy my pre-cruise excitement - this will be our third, second with RCCL. We did book a junior suite at the very back of the boat, it seems like it's going to be great - has anyone stayed in one of those? How does it compare to a regular balcony statement which is what we had last time. Thank you!

We were in a JS - all the way aft on our recent cruise on Voyager of the Seas. The cabin is definitely larger than most so that was a great thing. Also the verandah was enormous!!! We spend many an hour on our verandah so we loved the extra space. One thing we thought was odd though (it was our first time on a Voyager class ship) was the fact that you are really not on the edge of the back of the ship. Due to the structure of the ship you are actually a distance away from the edge of the ship (gosh am I making myself understood?)

Dont worry - its a great cabin and a great location. Have a wonderful time on your cruise....

We're booked on the Adventure for 2/2006 so I have plenty of time to properly enjoy my pre-cruise excitement - this will be our third, second with RCCL. We did book a junior suite at the very back of the boat, it seems like it's going to be great - has anyone stayed in one of those? How does it compare to a regular balcony statement which is what we had last time. Thank you!

Hi NOCANDO,

We are booked on the AOS for January 29, 2006 and we can't wait :) We are in Grand Suite on the "Hump".

I don't think you can go wrong with an aft JS ! There are people on CC that cruise consisently in aft cabins and love them. What deck is your JS on? I have never had an aft balcony, but it is my understanding that they are larger and sometimes deeper than a regular balcony. It also depends on what part of the aft the cabin is located, that will determine the size of the balcony.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi NOCANDO,

We are booked on the AOS for January 29, 2006 and we can't wait :) We are in Grand Suite on the "Hump".

I don't think you can go wrong with an aft JS ! There are people on CC that cruise consisently in aft cabins and love them. What deck is your JS on? I have never had an aft balcony, but it is my understanding that they are larger and sometimes deeper than a regular balcony. It also depends on what part of the aft the cabin is located, that will determine the size of the balcony.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are on Deck 7. Thank you both for responding!

We had a JS aft cabin on deck 8 of the Vision of the Seas-we loved it. The balcony was huge. We did feel quite a bit of vibration in this cabin, but it didn't bother us at all. I would definitely book this room again.

I know that aft is the back (stern) of the ship - at least I think it is, but how does it make a difference in terms of your balcony?

Also, what's the big deal with being on the port or starboard side of the ship? I thought about when we are docked what will our balcony be facing but wouldn't it differ in every port since the ship probably doesn't dock on the same side in every port? Or does it?

We've got one on Granduer for this December on Deck 8. Glad to hear positive things, especially that the balcony is a bit bigger! Does anyone know if you can feel the ship's movement more all the way aft? None of

us get seasick, just curious. I can't wait!

I know that aft is the back (stern) of the ship - at least I think it is, but how does it make a difference in terms of your balcony?

Also, what's the big deal with being on the port or starboard side of the ship? I thought about when we are docked what will our balcony be facing but wouldn't it differ in every port since the ship probably doesn't dock on the same side in every port? Or does it?

It depends what your ports are.

We did the eastern on the Radiance in February and had a great view of St.Thomas and almost no view in St.Maarten. We were on the starboard side.

Archived