RCI Snorkeling Excursion

obzhagen

I am on RCI Freedom of the Seas at the end of May and I am thinking I may try to one quick Snorkeling excursion on my own (my wife prefers to stay on the boat) while we are in St. Thomas. I am looking at the RCI excursions and think I have narrowed it down to either:

-Castaway Shipwreck Cove Sail and Snorkel - ST72 or

-Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel - ST97

I am leaning towards the castaway shipwreck, but was just curious if anyone has done this itinerary before and if so, either of these excursions. Thanks for your help!

We did Castaway last time and really enjoyed it :) Saw a Baracuda (got pic of it swimming below us) There was a dive team that went under us later on neat pic too. I think the coolest thing was snorkeling through a school of fish. Sadly I wasn't strong at swimming with fins so we kinda didn't keep up with our tour guide. Still had a great snorkel experience :D Some friends went on the Turtle one and like it too. You won't go wrong either one!

But why is your DW staying on the ship in St Thomas...its beautiful.!!??!!??

Ehh....she is looking forward to just relaxing and reading on a quiet[er] ship and is not that adventurous in general. She was really uncomfortable riding in the vans/taxis around the islands last time we did a cruise.

I am excited to go do some snorkeling, though!

Ehh....she is looking forward to just relaxing and reading on a quiet[er] ship and is not that adventurous in general. She was really uncomfortable riding in the vans/taxis around the islands last time we did a cruise.

I am excited to go do some snorkeling, though!

St Thomas and St John are both nice for snorkeling. Have fun...

I am on RCI Freedom of the Seas at the end of May and I am thinking I may try to one quick Snorkeling excursion on my own (my wife prefers to stay on the boat) while we are in St. Thomas. I am looking at the RCI excursions and think I have narrowed it down to either:

-Castaway Shipwreck Cove Sail and Snorkel - ST72 or

-Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel - ST97

I am leaning towards the castaway shipwreck, but was just curious if anyone has done this itinerary before and if so, either of these excursions. Thanks for your help!

Turtle Island was ok for snorkeling, went back twice, once with the BOSS and once on a scuba excursion and found much more to look at from 20-40 ft.

Archived