Odd shaped 4Js on Conquest Class

Upgraded to a 4J on the Glory. I think its cabin 7205, its one of the odd shaped interiors with walkway view(4j). Just wondering if anyone has any info on this room, or any of those odd shaped 4Js.

I know its a AD cabin, and the beds do no combine. Is there anymore movement in the front, or noise with a forward facing window?

You won't have any problem with noise - these cabins tend to be quieter than others - the "Secret Decks" that aren't really secret at all, but are underutilized are what your cabin looks out on to. Make sure your curtains are pulled if you're changing at night with a light on - unless you like people watching ... As to movement, I'm not really sensitive to movement, but just like a porthole cabin, you might feel a little more "up and down" motion being at the front of the ship than you would midship - but overall I don't believe the motion is that much greater than anyplace else you'd book. If you have rough seas, everyone is going to feel it - so whether it's worse or not up there is hard to say.

I can't speak to the shape - we've had 10001 and 9001 - unless it's the mirror of those cabins (I didn't check the deck plans). The accessible rooms do have a funny feature where you swipe your key and the door swings open automatically - to accomodate wheelchairs. This makes coming in quietly when someone else is sleeping somewhat difficult. There is a lot of extra floor space - I think you'll like the room.

Those decks are my favorite. Everytime I go up there I always say I want to try one of those cabins. Then I booked this cruise and Carnival sent my an upgrade email. It was 20.00 more total for the 4J vs an interior on deck one aft. I knew I had to do it, to give it a try. The odd shaped, AD cabins were the only ones available. I think I will enjoy it.

Archived