Travel Documents???

I leave on my first cruise on the Sensation in a little over 30 days and was wondering when the travel documents usually arrive? What exactly comes with your "travel documents" other than tickets? Thanks! :)

Generally, 2-4 weeks before sailing. Along with tix; info for sign/sail, how to contact you when you're on the ship, other information, any necessary immigration information. Packet about 20 pages in total.

Oh, great, then I should be getting them in a couple of weeks or so then. I am ready to GO! So just more basic info so that I will not look so clueless on the day that we leave? I have already filled out my FunPass online and was wondering what else there was left to be done. Thanks.

:)

We are sailing on Sunday, June 5 and received our tickets and packet yesterday, 4/30. Now the family is really excited. Lots of paper work to fill out especially since there are 5 of us travelling.

Hope you get your packet soon.

There will be a little 32-page booklet entitled "Welcome Aboard" with your docs. READ this carefully. It will save you asking questions once you're on the ship.:)

Ok, thanks for the info, I will read the books backwards and forwards I am sure. Preparing for a vacation is always fun for me, looking forward to a great time. I want to know as much as possible before I go. ;) Does Carnival send them directly to you or if you booked through a Travel Agent, do they send them to the TA first?

TA gets them. If you can't get them in person, my TA forwards mine within 24 hours [via Priority Mail]. To answer a question before it's asked, you can board even if you don't get them. Just bring ID/invoice to the pier. They'll print up your docs at a special desk. Filling them out takes about 10 minutes.

Last time I cruised, I received my docs 2 days before my sail date. And that was booked through Carnival. Needless to say, I was extremely worried. They said worse comes to worse, I can pick them up at the port. However, the package also included the plane tickets I needed to get there! (In retrospect, I shouldn't have booked my flights with Carnival). Live and learn.

Here's to you doing "The Doc Dance" real soon!

Cheeky

We are sailing on Sunday, June 5 and received our tickets and packet yesterday, 4/30. Now the family is really excited. Lots of paper work to fill out especially since there are 5 of us travelling.

Hope you get your packet soon.

Just curious--what ship will you be sailing on? We will be on the Victory June 5th.

WOW, they sent them only 2 days BEFORE you left. I would have been a nervous wreck. I do not live near my TA and will not be able to pick them up, so I hope she will mail them as soon as she gets them in. I think once I get them it will seem "real" like I really am getting to get away on a vacation. :D BTW...this may be a stupid question, but why do they send them to the TA and not you, you are the one going on the cruise, the TA's job is done...or am I wrong?

:D Rodeo, you sound as excited as I was when I booked my first cruise! Carnival will send the TA your docs because everything goes through the TA, and they have no contact with you whatsoever.

IF you had booked w/Carnival, they would send them directly to you. I always book w/Carnival PVP, and have always rec'd mine at least a month before cruise date, and as much as 6 wks before. Maybe the other poster booked late and they didn't have time to send the docs earlier? I would have been hyperventilating not having my plane tickets...:eek:

Anyhoo, have a great cruise, and come back to tell us how you enjoyed it.

Ok, thanks everyone, I feel like I understand a little bit more about it now. I will patiently wait until they arrive, and hope that is very soon. :) I will definitely post all about it when we get back. I have really enjoyed reading all of the posts on here over the last month. I feel like I have learned a lot of things and read a lot of handy tips. I am very excited and I think we are going to have a great time! BTW Cotton, I am a Mississippi girl as well! ;)

Archived