Thomson Dream Transatlantic 7/04/2013

Just booked the 19 night transatlantic on the Dream for my 60th birthday. Have only cruised twice before, similar cruise but on Ocean Village, which we enjoyed very much. A couple of questions, do we have a TV in the cabin and is there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin. Travel agent did a deal and pre booked our cabin, deck 5, 5051.

No tea-making faclities at present, but again I believe these are going to be added this autumn.

Is anyone ever very naughty and takes tea-making facilities on board with them? ;) How would they know if kettle, cups, etc, were concealed during the daytime?

I suggest you attend the Emergency Drill before you attempt it.

At the emergency drill on the Dream, Stephen Guy said, "No Irons in cabins", nothing about kettles:p

As all regulars on here know, I took a kettle on the Dream both times and I did not sink the ship!!

IMHO cigarettes and hair straighteners are much more of a fire hazard than a kettle which has an automatic switch off :rolleyes:

Sorry to be cantankerous - woke with a headache and can't seem to get rid of it and Oxford United are losing - again!:mad::mad:

• 1 year later...
Just booked the 19 night transatlantic on the Dream for my 60th birthday. Have only cruised twice before, similar cruise but on Ocean Village, which we enjoyed very much. A couple of questions, do we have a TV in the cabin and is there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin. Travel agent did a deal and pre booked our cabin, deck 5, 5051.

Hi barkingmad, I know that you started this thread quite a while ago but I'm just wondering what you thought of the transatlantic cruise last year? We're doing the cruise this year and we are also in cabin 5051 :D Do you have any tips/suggestions?