Carnival Freedom S. Caribbean Cabin advice please

mdxter

Narrowing down on my research for our next cruise and we have decided on Carnival Freedom’s S. Caribbean. We will be visiting Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba. We have decided on a balcony cabin but which side? Starboard or port? We would like while in ports, to have views of city and dock area.

You never know which way they will pull in or which side of the dock they will be on so it really doesn't matter. Just pot luck. We are going on that cruise in October. Have a great time. We have a Starboard side balcony on the Lido deck.

If you want a little more info on port/starboard click on my name and go to my post that explains the above.

Thanks for the info on the sides of the ship. I have decided to book a balcony of the port side. I am hoping that we will get great views of the ports while in ports.

I see that you've already made your choice, but here's my two pennies. :)

We were in cabin 7359 on the Freedom. Our ports were Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama, we were never docked on the land side. I did love this balcony cabin though. It was pretty much right in the middle so easy to get everywhere. Nice and quiet. The washer/dryers were only a short walk away. And we had an unobstructed view straight down to the water which I loved. I would definitely book in the same area next time we cruise on her.

Not sure about Grand Turk, but in La Romana, city was on port side, in Aruba it was port side and in Curacao it was port side. For the record, in Nassau, Paradise Island was starboard, while Nassau was port.

We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago, we have room 8442. Awesome room and balcony, it was twice the size of a normal balcony room. Is is the last room before the back of the ship and is on the port side. We were facing the dock side for every port. It has more movement and vibration due to the fact that is in the aft of the ship, but it was well worth it, plus only one flight up to the lido deck, and no noise from above.

Not sure about Grand Turk, but in La Romana, city was on port side, in Aruba it was port side and in Curacao it was port side. For the record, in Nassau, Paradise Island was starboard, while Nassau was port.

This is the answer i was seeking!! we reserved a week in St thomas for this september so our cruise will be for Sept. 2013. i have reserved cabin 7368!!!

We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago, we have room 8442. Awesome room and balcony, it was twice the size of a normal balcony room. Is is the last room before the back of the ship and is on the port side. We were facing the dock side for every port. It has more movement and vibration due to the fact that is in the aft of the ship, but it was well worth it, plus only one flight up to the lido deck, and no noise from above.

Mustanggirl, how were the ports? what did you do at each port? likes and dislikes?

Archived