Jewel - Internet and Coffee Charges?

This will be our first cruise with RCL on the Jewel in June. A couple specific questions if anyone could help answering I'd appreciate it!

Firstly, what is the charge for internet usage and do they have a computer room that we can use rather than bringing a laptop?

Also, I have read about a place to purchase special coffees. Is regular coffee free, and do they offer a coffee card for the special coffees?

This will be our first cruise with RCL on the Jewel in June. A couple specific questions if anyone could help answering I'd appreciate it!

Firstly, what is the charge for internet usage and do they have a computer room that we can use rather than bringing a laptop?

Also, I have read about a place to purchase special coffees. Is regular coffee free, and do they offer a coffee card for the special coffees?

Internet charges are as follows:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

There are public computers to use. Internet cost is the same if you use the public computers or your own. The public computers have no accessible CD/DVD or USB ports, so if you want to upload photos from a camera, you must use your own computer.

Regular coffee is free. Specialty coffees are charged similar to Starbucks. There is no coffee card.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our Baltic cruise on the Jewel and we discovered that on at least one day they had a special price of 0.45/minute from 7AM to 9AM. We only noticed this one morning when we went to check our email, so not sure if this special is every morning or not.

Julie

We sailed baltics last year on jewel and bought a coue of their Internet packages.

Be warned, keep an eye on you bill on the tv in you room. We found the Internet veery sporadic and it crashed a number of times without allowing us to log off properly.

One day we found that we had been charged over 200 dollars for internet use. This was a day it had crashed and so hadn't logged our account off properly.

Luckily guest services refunded without a problem.

Archived