Is it worth it to do a private tour on a Sunday?

BeachMartini

I sent an email to Colin Jennings but I haven't gotten a response (May

9). Heard about David Fox and he responded right away. He is not available the Monday we are in port but he suggested Sunday for a tour.

We will be doing Elbow Beach and Swizzle Inn one day so we won't need to factor in any beach time. I would really leave it up to him to help with the itinerary - we would like to see the island and hear about it's history. We would prefer to skip things like the caves, zoo and aquarium.

Here are a few things I'd like to see:

Lighthouse

Smallest Drawbridge

Sea Glass Beach

St. George (time to walk around, maybe have lunch here?)

Hamilton (maybe have lunch here? Unless he has a better place in mind?)

End with tea at the Fairmont in Hamilton, this will be our drop off point.

He says we can still see the beauty of the island on a Sunday. Or should I go with someone else on Monday?

I sent an email to Colin Jennings but I haven't gotten a response (May

9). Heard about David Fox and he responded right away. He is not available the Monday we are in port but he suggested Sunday for a tour.

We will be doing Elbow Beach and Swizzle Inn one day so we won't need to factor in any beach time. I would really leave it up to him to help with the itinerary - we would like to see the island and hear about it's history. We would prefer to skip things like the caves, zoo and aquarium.

Here are a few things I'd like to see:

Lighthouse

Smallest Drawbridge

Sea Glass Beach

St. George (time to walk around, maybe have lunch here?)

Hamilton (maybe have lunch here? Unless he has a better place in mind?)

End with tea at the Fairmont in Hamilton, this will be our drop off point.

He says we can still see the beauty of the island on a Sunday. Or should I go with someone else on Monday?

He is correct.

On our last cruise we really enjoyed the "dunking of the wench" in St. George at noon on Mondays.

Then lunch at a pub.

I would go Monday just because of the dunking.

OP, not trying to confuse you.;)

With the things you want to see and Mr. Fox being able to accommodate you, I see no reason to go with anyone else on a different day. You will also have to start from square one and look for another person. What will you do Sunday if you don't tour that day? Will you just go to the beach and Swizzle Inn?

Here are just 2, (from a regular CC member), of a number of videos on Youtube for the wench ducking. May help you decide which day you want to tour.

Frankly, I wanted to shut up that screaching woman and I could only take her for about 3 minutes.:p:D

We did a private tour on a Sunday before catching our flight home. We focused on the area between Hamilton and St. George, since it was the only area of the island that we did not get to during our visit. The shops were closed, but restaurants were open, and we had lunch at Tavern By The Sea, which was very good. The ribs were excellent. There is a lot of history in St. George, which you should be able to experience even on a Sunday and with less crowds. Our guide explained about the dunking chair, so I don't think we missed much in not seeing an actual woman get dunked. We also went to a couple different forts and got to see Tobacco Bay. It was a great use of our time.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a 5-hr. Sunday tour on May 20 with Colin Jennings and it was more than worth the money -- went from Kings Wharf to St. Georges and everywhere in between, including driving through several of the resorts, checking out the beaches, and spending about 30 min. in St. Georges near the harbor. There's no way we could have seen or learned so much about Bermuda otherwise.

Archived