Fairmont Hamilton to Dockyard

BeachMartini

Hi there,

We are having tea on Sunday, June 10th at 4pm at the Fairmont in Hamilton. I figure we will finish up by 5:30 or so. What's the best way to get back to the ship?

Any idea how much a cab would cost?

A cab is going to be expensive, I'd estimate at least $50 at a minimum. Your best bet is to check the ferry and bus schedules, making sure you have it for weekends, use that. The ferry stop is about a 10 minute walk from the Hamilton Princess. The bus terminal is another 8 to 10 minute walk further and up from Front Street. I've stayed at the Hamilton Princess a couple of times, a gracious "Pink Lady". Enjoy your tea.

The last ferry is at 6pm. How early do you need to be there? Should we buy our tickets beforehand?

Thanks!

As I mentioned it's probably a 10 minute walk. Is tea at 4? How are you getting there initially from the Dockyards? If you have already bought a one or two day transportation pass you won't need to worry about purchasing another ticket. If not, then make sure you are there a few minutes early. I'm pretty sure the ticket office is open on Sunday afternoons in Hamilton, but not positive. Be sure to wander around the main building of the Princess when you are there. It really is a lovely hotel.

We are taking a private tour on our arrival day, Sunday, ending at the Fairmont for tea. Our guide says it will take between 4 and 5 hours to complete and estimates we will arrive at the hotel by 4 (that's a 5 hour tour), so I made a reservation for that time. Depending on how long it takes to get off the ship and other things, we could be earlier (but he says not later). So if we got there a little early that would be great, I definitely want to have time at the hotel and not feel rushed. But I think taking the ferries back would be so much better than taking the bus. Do the ferrys ever sell out?

Debating if it's worth it to get a 2- day transportation pass. Day One we just need transportation one way back to the ship. Day Two we are doing Elbow Beach and the Swizzle, so that's 3 legs on the bus. Day 3 we have a tour that leaves from the Dockyards.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Ally my other suggestion is when you get off the ship, stop by the little building on the waterfront that houses the transportation office for ferries and buses, and ask if you can purchase a token for later that day, so you'll have it in hand.

I truly can't remember if the main ferry office on Front Street will be open on Sunday evening.

If you have a few minutes at the Princess walk out and take a look at the two pools on the harbor, and there is a little putting green by the salt water pool that you can play. I've stayed at the Hamilton Princess a couple of times. I like it as it has a beautiful location on the harbor, you can walk to everything in town, and have reciprocal privileges with the Southhampton Princess.

Ally my other suggestion is when you get off the ship, stop by the little building on the waterfront that houses the transportation office for ferries and buses, and ask if you can purchase a token for later that day, so you'll have it in hand.

I truly can't remember if the main ferry office on Front Street will be open on Sunday evening.

If you have a few minutes at the Princess walk out and take a look at the two pools on the harbor, and there is a little putting green by the salt water pool that you can play. I've stayed at the Hamilton Princess a couple of times. I like it as it has a beautiful location on the harbor, you can walk to everything in town, and have reciprocal privileges with the Southhampton Princess.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago after staying at the Hamilton Princess. Take some time to walk around there. Bermudagirl is right, you should purchase your tokens at the dockyard so that you don't have to worry about it later. A taxi back to the ship would cost about $50.

Archived