Best place to snorkel in Eastern Caribbean

angelsop99

Hello,

I'll be taking NOS to eastern caribbean (St. Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau)....I have nevern been snorkeling before, and i want to surprise my parents....i was wondering if you guys could help me out. Where is the best place to snorkel (or the best tour to take?) as far as for seeing colorful corals, and tropical fishs, clear blue water....thank you so much!!!

• 1 month later...

I have snorkled in many places and love Coki Beach in St. Thomas the best. It is a $7/person taxi fare and about 15 minutes from the ships. It is a small beach, but the fish to the right near the coral is outstanding. I took some dog food along and they went nuts over it. I also took a cheap water camera and came out with the clearest shots ever of the fish. The beach is next to Coral World, a marineland type attraction where you can pet sharks, see stingrays, see the fish from a sphere, etc. We paid $10 for the visit and another $3 for the use of an all-day locker. Had the time of our life there. Also we snorkeled at Virgin Gorda on a day catamaran trip from Tortola. Was a nice place to snorkel but not as many fish as Coki Beach.

Ray

Archived